Table of Contents
According to Stratistics MRC, the Set Top Box market is expected to reach $24.3 billion by 2022. The market for set top box is driven by increasing demand for High Definition (HD) channels, digitization of TV broadcasting, government regulations, technological advancements in television, and increasing demand for higher picture quality. Furthermore, better quality of signal transmission, introduction of pause and play facility, live streaming by internet users, smart phones and tablets are the add ups for the market growth. High initial costs and package costs of pay channels are limiting the market growth.
Due to large-scale implementation, IPTV is expected to witness significant growth in set top box market. High Definition Set-Top Boxes (HD STBs) are expected to dominate the market driven by its high popularity during the forecast period. Cable STBs and IP STBs have promising market during the forecast period. North America and Europe are the matured markets due to early adoption of technology. Asia Pacific is poised to witness rapid growth owing to rapid digitization, increasing adoption in India and China, and favorable government mandates.
The key players of the market include, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Apple Inc., Samsung, Humax Inc., EchoStar Corporation, Skyworth Digital Holding Co. Ltd., Cisco systems Inc., Sagemcom SAS., Netgem, SichuanChanghong Co. Ltd., ARRIS Group, Technicolor, Comcast, Broadcom, Pace and Lenovo.
Set Top Box Market, By Video Quality:
- High Definition Set-Top Boxes (HD STBs)
- Standard Definition Set-Top Boxes (SD STBs)
Set Top Box Market, By Technology:
- Satellite Direct-To-Home (DTH)
- Direct Terrestrial Transmission
- Internet Protocol Television (IPTV)
Set Top Box Market, By Product Type:
- Hybrid STBs
- Satellite STBs
- Cable STBs
- IP STBs
- North America
o Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
o New Zealand
o Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
o Middle East
o South Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 7 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancement
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
CE devices in a new visual age 2016 was characterised by 11 industry and technology trends in the consumer electronics (CE) sector, which are impacting our entertainment behaviours and other consumption ...
Spain's digital media market has developed in line with investments in fixed-line infrastructure. This has seen strong growth in the number of next generation network access lines able to deliver IP content ...
France has developed its digital media market on the back of an excellent multi-platform broadband infrastructure which supports a range of videostreaming services (IPTV and SVoD). A greater proportion ...