Table of Contents
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Smart Materials Market is accounted for $34.20 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $80.21 billion by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 12.9% during the forecast period. High convenience aspect of the smart materials, increase in demand of the smart materials from the construction industry are the key factors driving the market growth. On other hand, growing concerns regarding the impact of smart materials on the environment is hindering the market. Smart packaging in consumer goods is one of the major trends that can be seen in the smart materials market. Growing number of end user applications provide ample opportunities for the smart materials market.
The actuators and motors segment held a share of more than 50% in the global smart materials market. North America dominated the global market in 2015 accounting for more than 30% of the revenue. Asia Pacific will experience the highest growth in the coming few years due to the increasing demand for smart materials from its end-user industries. In contrast regions such as Middle East, Brazil, Argentina, South Africa and Egypt has the least share.
Some of the key players in the market include Nikon Corp., CTS Corporation, Channel Technologies Group,LLC., LORD Corporation, NOLIAC A/S, CeramTec GmbH, APC International, Ltd., Wright Medical Group, Inc., Kyocera Corporation, Advanced Cerametrics, Inc., TDK Corporation, Artificial Muscle, Inc. (AMI), AMM Technologies, Metglas Inc and Aerofit Inc.
- Mechanical structures
- Energy harvesting devices
- Structural materials
- Sports & leisure
- Actuators & motors
Product Type Covered:
- Magnetostrictive materials
- Smart fluids
- Piezo-electric materials
- Thermally responsive materials
- Smart hydrogels
- Biomimetic materials
- Shape memory materials
- Halochromic materials
- Food and Agriculture
- Leisure and sports
- North America
o Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
o New Zealand
o Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
o Middle East
o South Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 7 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“The self-healing materials market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 95.0% during the forecast period” The global self-healing materials market is projected to reach USD 2,447.7 million by 2021, at ...
The global self-healing materials market is expected to grow with an astonishing CAGR of 95.6 % during the forecast period. The major factor primarily driving the market demand is application across majo ...
This new report from n-tech revisits the market potential for self-healing materials from our last full market report that was issued in May of 2015. (See here) Self-healing is an area of smart coatings ...