Table of Contents
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Contact Lenses Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.67 % during the forecast period. Growing incidence of ophthalmic disorders and rising geriatric population are the key factors driving the market growth. Furthermore, online retailing and escalating trend of contact lenses being seen as a fashion quotient by the youth is expected to fuel the market. However, increasing acceptance of laser eye surgeries globally may hamper the market during the forecast period.
Accounting for more than 80% of the global demand in 2015, Soft contact lenses commanded the largest market. Demand for daily disposable contact lenses is anticipated to grow strong during the study period, owing to benefits such as high level of cleanliness and reduced risk of infections. With more than 45% of the overall shipments in 2015, spherical lenses are estimated to lead the global market. On the other hand, fueled by demand in treating presbyopia and other age-related ophthalmic ailments multifocal contact lenses are projected to grow rapidly than the worldwide average. North America accounted for more than 30% of the global demand in 2015, and is estimated to remain the largest market during the forecast period. However, Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR during the study period.
Some of the key players in global Contact Lenses market are Alcon Laboratories, Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Medennium Inc., Essilor International, Hoya Corporation, Abbott Medical Optics, Inc., STAAR Surgical Company, CooperVision, Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, SynergEyes, Inc., Carl Zeiss AG, Contamac U.S., CIBA Vision, Eagle Optics Pvt. Limited and Hydrogel Vision Corp.
Contact lenses by Design Covered:
- Toric Contact Lens
- Spherical Contact Lens
- Multifocal Contact Lens
- Orthokeratology Contact Lens
Contact lenses by Usage Covered:
- Therapeutic Contact Lens
- Sports Lens
- Prosthetic Contact Lens
- Post-Operative Therapeutic Contact Lens
- Opaque Contact Lens
- Lifestyle-oriented Lenses
- Enhancement Tints
- D-Segment Contact Lens
- Custom-made Contact Lens
- Cosmetic Lens
- Corrective Lens
- Computer Lens
- Soft Contact Lenses
o Annual Replacement Contact Lens
o Daily Disposable Contact Lens
o Extended Wear Contact Lens
o Monthly Replacement Contact Lens
o Unplanned Replacement Schedule Contact Lens
o Weekly Replacement Contact Lens
- Rigid Gas Permeable (RGP) Contact Lenses
- Hybrid Contact Lenses
- North America
o Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
o New Zealand
o Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
o Middle East
o South Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 7 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
United States Ophthalmic Devices Market Outlook to 2022 - Cataract Surgery Devices, Intraocular Lens (IOL), Vitreo Retinal Surgery Devices, Glaucoma Surgery Devices, Ophthalmic Lasers, Ophthalmic Diagnostic ...
United Kingdom Ophthalmic Devices Market Outlook to 2022 - Cataract Surgery Devices, Intraocular Lens (IOL), Vitreo Retinal Surgery Devices, Glaucoma Surgery Devices, Ophthalmic Lasers, Ophthalmic Diagnostic ...
Mexico Ophthalmic Devices Market Outlook to 2022 - Cataract Surgery Devices, Intraocular Lens (IOL), Vitreo Retinal Surgery Devices, Glaucoma Surgery Devices, Ophthalmic Lasers, Ophthalmic Diagnostic Equipment ...