Table of Contents
Growth in biological drugs has been driven by advances in biotechnology and host-vector engineering – advances that have led to a steady stream of biologics for a number of ailments and conditions. These powerful drugs come with a high cost-per-dose and the risk of significant side effects – factors that place an elevated emphasis on administration efficiency, safety and reliability. Many drugs in this class are characterized by physical properties and sensitivities that challenge the drug commercialization ecosystem. For example, monoclonal antibodies, perhaps the most significant category in terms of therapeutic and commercial importance, typically possess viscosities that are well above the normal limits of subcutaneous injection techniques. Drug developers and device designers are increasingly working in collaboration to address the goal of patient self administration of high viscosity injectables.
Self Administration of High Viscosity Injectables – What You Will Learn
- Analyzes the market for therapeutic drugs with viscosities that cannot be delivered using standard patient self-injection devices and techniques
- Assesses technologies and devices that are aimed at positioning high viscosity drugs for patient self-administration, including injection devices and viscosity-lowering formulation techniques
- Analyzes design factors, material selection issues, formulation factors, and device capabilities and limitations
- Profiles injectable drug and device participants, their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations
- Evaluates key therapeutic sectors for high viscosity injectables
- Provides market data and forecasts to 2020
- Evaluates the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors on self-injecting high viscosity drugs
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
North America Facial Injectables Market: Overview This report on the North America facial injectables market analyzes the current and future prospects of the market. The report comprises an elaborate executive ...
Global Pulmonary Drug Delivery Devices Market: Overview This report on pulmonary drug delivery devices studies the current as well as future prospects of the market globally. The stakeholders of this report ...
The global injectable drug delivery market, in terms of value, is projected to reach USD 624.50 billion by 2021 from USD 362.38 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 11.5% during the forecast period. The increase ...