Table of Contents
Emergence of 3D Printing Materials : Partnerships and Alliances are Key for Material Companies to Thrive
This Frost & Sullivan research study aims to provide an overview of the global 3D printing materials market. The research includes an industry overview, background, and impact factors. It also focuses on providing an insight into the opportunities for different types of materials including plastic powders, plastic filaments, metal powders and photo-polymers that are being used across various additive manufacturing processes. Market potential and key companies for the different materials have also been covered. End-user potential across the entire 3D printing material spectrum has also been provided. The report also touches upon the various factors that are impacting the prices of these materials for 3D printing applications.
Executive Summary—Key Findings
1.The global demand for all additive manufacturing formulations was valued at $ Million in 2014.
2. Plastic powder and photopolymer formulations generated most of the demand for 3 Dimensional (3D) printing applications, although sterelithography, which use photopolymers, are comparatively mature.
3. A few of the biggest challenges for 3D printing materials have been the uncertain material supply scenario, lack of consistency in end-part production, and higher prices.
4. Rapid prototyping still remains the main requirement for many companies employing 3D printing processes. Part manufacturing is a trend that a few industries such as aerospace and medical are experimenting with.
5. North America and Europe represent the biggest opportunity for additive manufacturing formulations, as some of the key industries that have embraced this revolution are mainly concentrated in this region.
6.Solution suppliers that provide a holistic solution to end users dominate most of the additive manufacturing markets mainly because of their proximity to the end user and comprehensive understanding of challenges.
7. Companies across the value, especially material manufacturers and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), have to strive to understand the market from a vantage point in order to address the dynamic future needs of the industry and prepare for disruptive trends.
8. Even though the market for metal powders is small, industries such as aerospace, automotive, and medical are increasingly using Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS) and Electron Beam. Melting (EBM) technologies to produce prototypes as well as end-use parts.
9. Asia, especially South Korea and China, are becoming hubs for both machine and material development. 10. Most material companies have an opportunistic view of the 3D printing market, however, as companies start developing a focused approach toward 3D printing, the business model will change significantly
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Smart factory market expected to exhibit significant growth potential between 2017 and 2022” The smart factory market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.3% between 2017 and 2022, to reach USD 205.42 ...
“Asset management system market expected to exhibit significant growth potential between 2016 and 2022” The asset management system market is expected to reach USD 25.55 billion by 2022, growing at ...
3D printing finds is finding its way into just about every aspect of jewelry manufacturing, due to the widespread adoption of CAD software among jewelry designers. Annual revenues from 3D-printed hardware, ...