Table of Contents
EpiCast Report: Vasculitis - Epidemiology Forecast to 2024
Vasculitis is a group of heterogeneous disorders affecting persons of both sexes and all ages. These disorders are characterized by inflammation and necrosis of the blood vessels including the veins, arteries, and capillaries. There are various forms of vasculitis, and their clinical expressions may differ greatly in terms of symptoms observed, severity and duration of the disease depending on disease site and type of blood vessels involved.
Due to the lack of a uniformly accepted classification criteria for vasculitis, GlobalData epidemiologists obtained data for each vasculitis disorder from studies that categorized patients with vasculitis with the Chapel Hill Consensus Conference (CHCC) definitions, the 2012 revised CHCC definitions, the 1990 ACR definitions for select vasculitis disorders, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) algorithm, or by clinical diagnosis. Studies using the Hammersmith criteria, the Japanese Diagnostic Criteria, and the International Study Group Criteria were also included for eGPA, TA, and BD, respectively. This approach was taken by GlobalData epidemiologists in order to utilize data from the most pertinent and up-to-date studies on vasculitis in the forecast without missing potentially important studies.
In the 7MM, GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the diagnosed incident cases of vasculitis (includes AAV, LVV, BD, and KD) for ages 15 and older will increase from 82,019 diagnosed incident cases in 2014 to 95,428 diagnosed incident cases in 2024, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 1.63% during the forecast period. GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the diagnosed prevalent cases of selected vasculitis disorders (includes AAV, TA, and BD) for ages 15 years and older will increase from 137,603 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2014 to 145,229 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2024, at an AGR of 0.55% during the forecast period. GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that in 2024, the 5EU (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK) will have the highest number of diagnosed incident and diagnosed prevalent cases, with 31,916 diagnosed incident cases and 58,073 diagnosed prevalent cases, accounting for 42% and 40% of the diagnosed incident and diagnosed prevalent cases in the 7MM, respectively.
- The Vasculitis EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of selected vasculitis disorders in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan). The selected vasculitis disorders are anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibod-associated vasculitis (AAV) (microscopic polyangitis [MPA], granulomatosis with polyangitis [GPA], and eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangitis [eGPA]), large vessel vasculitis (LVV) (giant cell arteritis [GCA] and Takayasu's arteritis [TA]), Beh'et’s disease (BD), and Kawasaki disease (KD). The report includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed incident cases of AAV, LVV, BD, and KD, as well as the diagnosed prevalent cases of AAV, TA, and BD. Age and sex segmentations are also provided.
- The vasculitis epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to buy
The Vasculitis EpiCast report will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global vasculitis market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global vasculitis market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for vasculitis therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...
The global human microbiome market is estimated to reach USD 899.1 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 21.1% during the forecast period (2022–2025) Factors such as increased focus on human microbiome ...
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Ankylosing Spondylitis in 13 Major Markets Ankylosing Spondylitis (AkS) is a chronic, systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease. It ...