Table of Contents
“Real-time product positioning & stringent government mandates would drive the electronic shelf label market”
The electronic shelf label (ESL) market is estimated to grow from USD 186.5 million in 2014 to USD 399.6 million by 2020, at a CAGR of 14.1% between 2015 and 2020. The ESL market is driven by factors such as demand for these electronics labels for real-time product positioning and stringent government mandates on accurate label pricing mostly in the North American and European regions.
“Full-graphic ESLs to dominate the market during the forecast period”
The full-graphic labels are expected to dominate the ESL market globally during the forecast period. These are e-paper-based electronic labels that support graphics and incorporated with new communication technologies such as near-field communication (NFC). The full-graphic ESL is a powerful tool for two-way communication to broadcast price, product, and promotional information. The major benefits of these labels are that they provide 180 degree view and the retailers can use this function to engage and interact with customers; therefore, by providing detailed product information, retailers can influence customers’ decision.
Therefore, it is clear that under the ESL product category, full-graphic ESLs hold the largest market size and the market for the same is also expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
“APAC to grow at the highest growth rate during the forecast period”
The ESL market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The ongoing pilot projects and growing demand for retail automation and connected infrastructure are the major derivers of growth. Moreover, the expanding organized retail and emerging economies supporting the growth of the ESL market in this region.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people. Breakup of profile of primary participants is given below as:
- By Company Type: Tier I ¬¬– 25%, Tier II – 62%, and Tier III – 13%
- By Designation: C-Level – 20%, Director Level – 70%, and Others – 10%
- By Region: North America – 14%, Europe – 43%, APAC – 29%, and RoW – 14%
With increased demand for retail automation products, expansion of organized retail sector, and increasing digital transformation of retail stores, the ESL market finds huge opportunity to proliferate in the next five years.
The major companies of ESL ecosystem profiled in this report are as follows:
1. Pricer AB (Sweden)
2. Store Electronic Systems, S.A. (France)
3. Displaydata (U.K.)
4. Imagotag GmbH (Austria)
5. M2Communication, Inc. (Taiwan)
6. Samsung Electro-Mechanics (South Korea)
7. Altierre Corporation (U.S.)
8. Advantech U.S., Inc. (U.S.)
9. Wincor Nixdorf (Germany)
10. E–Ink Holdings, Inc. (Taiwan)
The report would help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the ESL market comprehensively and provides the closest value and volume approximations of the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report would help stakeholders to better understand the competitor and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, newproduct develpoments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Flexible AMOLED (Active-matrix Organic Light-emitting Diode) displays have drawn market attention as Apple's next-generation iPhone is reportedly to feature a flexible AMOLED display. Flexible display ...
“Transparent conductive films market is projected to reach USD 8.46 billion by 2026” The transparent conductive films market is projected to reach USD 8.46 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 9.4% from 2016 ...
“Increasing adoption of advanced display technologies in mobile communication devices fueling the growth of the display controller market” The display controller market is expected to grow at a CAGR ...