Table of Contents
The total tobacco products market in France continued to decline in 2014, dropping by a further 5% to approximately 55,500 tons, and is now 46% below 1990 levels. It is dominated by industrially produced cigarettes, which represent more than 80% of the total tobacco products market in 2014, although cigarettes now account for a substantially reduced share than they did previously. Cigarettes volumes have fallen by more than 50% since 1990; most of this decline has occurred since 2001 as a result of a series of progressive tax and price increases.
- Moderate growth of 2% was reported for 2013, with market volumes reaching a new high of more than 9,000 tons, although in 2014 consumption of smoking tobacco fell back by 3% to approximately 8,700 tons as a result of the impact of three successive tax increases
- Annual per capita consumption rates dropped to 131g in 2014, a 3% recovery is projected for 2015 based on the first four months data
- In 2014, JTI's Camel moved marginally ahead of its Fleur du Pays, capturing pole position, although both had shares of almost 11%. PMI's Interval was third while Marlboro moved from the fourth spot into fifth place
- A drop in smoking tobacco imports of more than 14% was witnessed in 2013, reaching approximately 12,000 tons, with total import value dropping by 1%. The decline continued in 2014 in volume and value terms, with a fall of more than 1,500 tons
“Smoking Tobacco in France” is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the French market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers and leading brands, along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific dynamics of the French market is key to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and identify where to compete in the future
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Smoking segment is predicted to create more absolute $ opportunity as compared to the smokeless segment Organic tobacco is majorly used in smoking products such as cigarettes and RYO and is expected to ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
Market Insights The Global Tobacco Packaging market is valued at USD 14.65 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD 18.00 billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 3.5% ...