Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Austria, 2017
The Austrian smoking tobacco market has grown strongly in recent years on the back of rising prices in the cigarette sector and a general growth in the acceptability of using FCT. The Austrian tobacco products market is, like many others, overwhelmingly dominated by factory-made cigarettes, which are estimated to account for just under 94% of total tonnage of tobacco products in 2015, with smoking tobacco forming the second largest sector.
Smoking Tobacco in Austria is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Austrian market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects and forecasts for sales and consumption to 2024.
- The Austrian market no longer supports any local production of smoking tobacco following the decision by Austria Tabak to sub-contract production of these products abroad in 1995.
- Imports amounted to 559.2 tons in 2015, of which 97.6% of volumes were in packs of less than 500g. No exports have been made from Austria since 2014.
- Overall consumption of smoking tobacco has been growing over the past decade as consumers continue to turn to RYO and MYO alternatives to manufactured cigarettes as cigarette prices increase.
- Taxation on smoking tobacco products in Austria is levied through an ad valorem tax and a value added tax. There is no specific excise tax levied on smoking tobacco.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Smoking segment is predicted to create more absolute $ opportunity as compared to the smokeless segment Organic tobacco is majorly used in smoking products such as cigarettes and RYO and is expected to ...
Market Insights The Global Tobacco Packaging market is valued at USD 14.65 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD 18.00 billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 3.5% ...
About Tobacco Packaging The tobacco industry is engaged in using dried tobacco leaves to produce cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco, dissolvable tobacco, and other products. The purpose of packaging ...