Table of Contents
The European automated external defibrillator (AED) market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 10.9% from 2014 to 2019. France held a larger share of the automated external defibrillator (AED) market with about 25.3% in 2014, followed by Germany. The European automated external defibrillator (AED) market holds high potential for growth in future, due to a number of forces that favor this market. These include the rising incidences of cardiovascular diseases & sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), increasing awareness of SCA & the life-saving potential of AEDs, and an implementation of public access defibrillation programs in various countries.
However, product recalls have cost companies millions of dollars, affecting their revenues and in turn, having an adverse effect on the AED market.
In this report, the European automated external defibrillator (AED) market is broadly classified on the basis of product types and end-users. The products segment is classified into semi-automated external defibrillators and fully-automated external defibrillators. Based on end-users, the automated external defibrillator (AED) market is categorized into pre-hospitals, public access market, hospitals, alternate care market, and home.
Geographically, the market is divided into six countries, namely France, Germany, the U.K., Italy, Spain, and RoE. France is estimated to command the largest share of 25.3% of the European automated external defibrillator (AED) market in 2014, followed by Germany. Germany is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 9.2% from 2014 to 2019.
European countries such as Italy and France passed various legislations that require installation of public access defibrillators in 2001 and 2007, respectively, authorizing the use of AED by a layperson. As a result of these laws and nationwide defibrillation programs undertaken by various local and national governments, a large number of AEDs have been installed at public places such as shopping centers, airports, offices, government buildings, schools, health and sports clubs, transportation centers, daycare centers, and casinos. Thus, the increasing installation of public access AEDs boosts the growth of this market.
The report has profiled the leading players of this market along with their developments (new product launches and partnerships, agreements, collaborations, and joint ventures) over the past few years and strategies adopted by them to sustain and strengthen their position in the European automated external defibrillator (AED) market. Philips Healthcare (the Netherlands), Cardiac Science Corporation (U.S.), ZOLL Medical Corporation (U.S.), Physio-Control, Inc. (U.S.), NIHON KOHDEN CORPORATION (Japan), and HeartSine Technologies, Inc. (U.S.) are some of the key players that are engaged in this market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends and PEST analysis), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape, usage patterns, emerging- and high-growth segments of the European automated external defibrillator (AED) market, high-growth regions & countries & their respective regulatory policies, government initiatives, drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report will enrich both the established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help the firms garner a greater market share. Firms that purchase the report could use any one or a combination of five strategies that include market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment to strengthen their market share.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Product Analysis and development: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the European automated external defibrillator (AED) market. Usage pattern/penetration rate (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment wise) and purchasing data. Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, patent analysis, pipeline products, and product recalls.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information of lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for automated external defibrillator (AED) across geographies, exploit new distribution channels, a new clientele base, and different pricing policies.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information of new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments decisions in the automated external defibrillator (AED) market. Detailed description with regards to related and unrelated diversification pertaining to this market.
- Epidemiology Data: The incidences and patient pool of cardiovascular diseases (CVD) and sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) disease progression.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares and company share analysis of key players forecasted till 2019. Develop business strategies and manufacturing capabilities of leading players that will enhance the bottom line of the companies in the automated external defibrillator (AED) market.
- Product/ Brand Perception Analysis: A comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool (digital marketing language) that checks the virality and tonality of blogs.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The active implantable medical devices market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.8% from 2017 to 2022, to reach USD 26.75 billion by 2022 from USD 18.42 billion in 2017. The growth of this market is mainly ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electrodes for Medical Devices in US$ Thousand by the following Segments: Blood Gas Electrodes, Defibrillator Electrodes, ECG Electrodes, EEG/EMG/ENG Electrodes, ...
Defibrillator devices are class of medical devices used for delivering shock in a controlled and automated manner. These devices are mainly used for therapeutic purposes in cardiovascular critical care ...