Get this report today!
Table of Contents
Representing a third of total social networking direct revenues, there is a substantial growth opportunity in the still fragmented social gaming market. Various players including major entertainment companies are becoming more involved in the space. This report profiles the online social gaming market, explaining current positioning, historical development, drivers and inhibitors, and future opportunities. It contains detailed data on the current and forecast market size globally, by user numbers and revenue generated, with data breakdowns by region and for key countries. It analyzes the competitive landscape across the value chain.
Scope of this research
• Access current and forecast data covering the global number of online social gamers, by region and demographic group.
• Quantify current and forecast data covering online social gaming revenue by region and major country.
• Assess the structure of the global online social gaming market, including key drivers and inhibitors at all levels.
• Understand the competitive environment among developers and service providers, and analyze key player's competing strategies.
• Find out what major players in related media and games categories are doing to gain from the social gaming opportunity.
Research and analysis highlights
As of 2010, there are almost 600m social gamers – and we expect this number to continue rising, albeit at a progressively slower rate. China made the greatest contribution to total player numbers in 2010, with 109m players – the US was second, with 95m. We expect these numbers to rise to 273m and 150m respectively by 2015.
The global social gaming market was worth just under $1.5bn in 2010, and is forecast to reach almost $4bn in 2015. The most important market is the US, with revenues of $670m expected to grow to $1.2bn in 2015. Japan is in second place, with a $180m market that is forecast to reach $570m in 2015.
The Big Four leading games developers – Zynga, EA, CrowdStar and Playdom – have tended to dominate the Facebook social games rankings. However, fifth-placed Digital Chocolate is only a few million users behind CrowdStar. Zynga is far larger than its competitors, with 195m active users across its titles, compared to second-placed EA’s 39m users.
Key reasons to purchase this research
• Who are social gamers? What will the social gaming market be worth in 2015 and how will it break down?
• What does the social gaming industry value chain look like? What are the USPs of a successful social game?
• Which countries/regions present the best opportunities for social gaming investment?
• How can media /gaming companies use their skills to benefit from the social opportunity?
• How much does the social gaming market depend on Facebook’s goodwill? What is the future of the social gaming market?
Talk to Alison
+1 718 618 4897
The Largest Collection of Market Research Reports
From +200,000 authoritative sources
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Mobile Gaming market to grow at a CAGR of 27.14 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing use ...
Plimsoll's VIDEO GAME PUBLISHERS (Global) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the VIDEO GAME PUBLISHERS (Global) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and uses both a ...
This report is systematically updated by our analysts for each new purchase. This is to ensure that you get the latest information available on the company. The report will be updated and sent to you in ...
... Have when it entered the video game market in 2001 5. Comparing the deployment strategies used by the firms in each of the generations, can you identify any timing, licensing, pricing, marketing ...
... And october. Ggs summit creates a great mobile game networking and communications channel for game companies. Ggs competition is a semi-annual series of mobile game startup competitions & business matching ...
... Of the players involved, while important for certain issues, are relatively unimportant for estimates of latent demand. The methodology in order to estimate the latent demand for video games and video game ...
Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.