Table of Contents
Packaging Industry Business Confidence Report H1 2017
Amidst the market uncertainty with regard to Brexit and the new US presidency, the existing economic environment is stable for the packaging industry, and customer confidence levels will remain positive during H1 2017 (February 2017-July 2017). Survey results reveal that executives who operate in North America project a more favorable opinion about the economic prospects in the region for H1 2017. Improvement in the labor market, positive sales growth, rise in disposable income, expansion of retail chains, declining/stable oil prices, and escalating healthcare costs are expected to drive growth for the packaging industry over the next six months. The packaging industry is expected to record higher expenditure in new product development, and marketing and advertising in H1 2017. Moreover, executives with business operations in the North America and Asia-Pacific regions expect an increase in sales growth in H1 2017.
Global Data’s Packaging Industry Business Confidence Report Feb-July 2017 examines executives’ opinion about the business environment during H1 2017 (Feb-July 2017). It also highlights existing economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth outlook, spending patterns, and key priorities. Additionally, the report provides information categorized by region.
What else does this report offer?
- Current state of the global economy: examines prevailing economic conditions globally and across various regions
- Company and industry growth outlook: provides industry executives’ expectations towards the growth prospects of their company and the industry over the next six months
- Change in customer confidence: analyzes packaging industry executives’ opinion about the change in customer confidence during H1 2017
- Supplier prices projection: determines expected change in supplier prices across various categories and their impact on business confidence
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance: tracks expected change in staff headcount and sales for H1 2017 among industry executives globally
- Significant investment activities: highlights various areas in which industry executives intend to invest over the next six months
- Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for H1 2017
- Key priorities: identifies the top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
- In total, 46% of survey respondents state that the current economic environment is stable, whereas 33% of respondents indicated that the economic condition is very favorable or favorable
- The positive outlook towards company growth over the next six months is highest among executives with business operations in the Asia-Pacific
- The majority of respondents with business operations in the Asia-Pacific anticipate a significant increase in consumer confidence during the next six months
- Globally, 35% of packaging industry executives expect an increase of 2% to 5.99% in the supplier prices of raw materials during the next six months
- Industry executives across the globe highlight lower emphasis on product/service safety scares in their area of operation and health epidemics over the next six months
Reasons to buy
- Helps organizations to make effective business strategy decisions by knowing the prevailing business conditions and sentiment within the packaging industry
- Organizations will be supported in business expansion decisions by providing information about projected change in sales performance and supplier prices
- Helps to improve operational efficiency of the organization by knowing about key priorities and the main concerns of packaging industry executives
- Helps to alter investment allocation by understanding key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during H1 2017
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Tube packaging market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9%” The tube packaging market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period of 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 9.30 billion ...
“Growing demand from the pharmaceutical & healthcare sector to drive the market for anti-counterfeit packaging” The global market for anti-counterfeit packaging is projected to grow from USD 107.26 ...
“The pharmaceutical packaging market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% during forecast period, 2016 to 2021.” The pharmaceutical packaging market is projected to reach USD 94.93 billion by 2021, ...