Table of Contents
In this report we introduce the market context and major trends related to mobile subscribers and smartphones in Africa. We go on to analyze the various strategies used by operators to boost smartphone penetration rates on their networks. Then we bring in evidence from case studies in Africa including Orange Klif, MTN Nigeria and Safaricom Kenya. We conclude with a set of key findings and recommendations that operators can use to increase smartphone penetration rates
- Smartphone sales are forecasted to grow by a 15% CAGR from 2015 to 2020 making Africa and Middle East the fastest growing region globally.
- The African market remains heavily prepaid with a vast majority of consumers purchasing smartphones from independent retailers before obtaining a mobile subscription from an operator.
- Operators have deployed a range of direct and indirect strategies to boost smartphone penetration in Africa. Direct strategies allow operators to increase smartphone penetration by selling more devices.
- Indirect strategies drive mobile data subscriptions and hence boost smartphone penetration levels on an operator's network.
'Operator Strategies to Increase Smartphone Penetration in Africa' report provides an overview of smartphone market in Africa and analyzes the various strategies telcos can leverage to increase smartphone penetration levels.
It consists of:
- Smartphone and mobile subscriber market trends in Africa.
- An analysis of the various strategies that operators can deploy to boost smartphone penetration rates.
- Key analysis and findings based on case studies in the region and a set of recommendations for mobile operators.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain understanding of smartphone market its evolution in Africa, to succeed in the existing market.
- Align product and service portfolios to drive smartphone usage.
- Gain an understanding of the competitive landscape and successful strategies to increase smartphone penetration levels.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
"Smartphone sales in mature markets are approaching saturation, while developing markets will continue to see healthy sales growth until 2021." This report analyses the smartphone market and describes ...
"Total service revenue in emerging Asia–Pacific will grow rapidly, driven by network coverage expansion and service upgrades." Growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and IPTV revenue will compensate ...
"Mobile services will account for 86.2% of the telecoms service revenue in Sub-Saharan Africa in 2021." This report provides: - an interim update of our 5-year forecast (previously published in Octobe ...