Summary The Syrups and Spreads market in Portugal is driven by increasing demand from the country's urban population base. The Jams, Jellies and Preserves category accounts for highest volume share, while Sweet Spreads is the leading category in terms of value. The market is led by players such as Nutrexpa, S.L. and Casa Da Prisca.
Key Findings - The Syrups and Spreads market in Portugal will register higher growth both in value and volume terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015.
- The Jams, Jellies and Preserves category accounted for 37.2% share by value in Portugal's Syrups and Spreads market in 2015.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in Portugal's Syrups and Spreads market.
- Jar is the most used container type in the Syrups and Spreads market in Portugal.
Synopsis Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Syrups and Spreads market in Portugal provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Syrups, Molasses, Sweet Spreads, Jams, Jellies and Preserves and Savory Spreads with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for glass, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; container data for: Jar, Bottles, Tub, Can-Food and others.
Reasons To Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Table Of Contents
Consumer and Market Insights: Syrups and Spreads market in Portugal Table of Contents Introduction â¢ Report Scope
Country Context â¢ Macroeconomic indicators - Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
Market Overview and Consumer Demographics â¢ Value and volume analysis for Portuguese Syrups and Spreads market â¢ Historic and forecast consumption in Portuguese Syrups and Spreads market â¢ Category volume consumption analysis by gender, age, education and urbanization â¢ Volume analysis by category â¢ Historic and forecast value analysis by category â¢ Winners and losers by categories with change in market share â¢ Average category level pricing â¢ Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels â¢ Leading retailers in Portuguese Food market â¢ Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Portuguese Syrups and Spreads market â¢ Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
Packaging â¢ Syrups and Spreads market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms) â¢ Syrups and Spreads market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms) â¢ Syrups and Spreads market by type of packaging, forecast(in volume terms)
Brand and Private Label Share â¢ Penetration of private label by categories in Portuguese Syrups and Spreads market â¢ Private label growth (in value terms) compared to national brands â¢ Market share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
Innovation examples â¢ New products launched in European Syrups and Spreads market
Appendix â¢ Country context â¢ Category value and volume data â¢ Consumer Demographics data â¢ Sector Overview â¢ Segment data â¢ Packaging data â¢ Category definitions â¢ Segment definitions â¢ Channel definitions â¢ Methodology â¢ About Canadean
List of Tables Table 1: Market value analysis in EUR and US$, 2010-2020 Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020 Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to EUR Table 4: Average prices (EUR and US$) by category, 2015 Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015 Table 6: Leading retailers Table 7: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015) Figure 2: Foodservice transactions by sectors, profit and cost, 2015 Figure 3: Category volume consumption by age, gender, education and urbanisation,2015 Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by categories, 2015 Figure 5: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020 Figure 6: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020 Figure 7: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2011-2014 Figure 8: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015 Figure 9: Packaging analysis - key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015 Figure 10: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020 Figure 11: Private label penetration by categories, 2015 Figure 12: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015 Figure 13: Brand share analysis by categories, 2015