Table of Contents
Despite the spectacular failure of Webvan, the US based pioneer of e-groceries, in 2001, entering the online market seems inevitable for grocers who do not want to lose the race for market leadership in the omnichannel world. Innovative, more cost-efficient logistics models are successfully reviving strategies that failed before, changing the traditional grocery sales scene.
Features and benefits
* Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth and leading players in the online grocery market
* Use market analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore the attractiveness of the online grocery market
* Find out who are the leading companies in the online grocery market
The global market for online groceries is expected to increase at double digit rates towards 2018, as consumers continue to embrace internet shopping. Low online penetration and significant pent-up demand create business opportunities for grocers.
While grocery is the biggest category in retailing, it is also the most resistant to the advance of online shopping, as grocers remain reluctant.
High delivery costs, low margins and slow profit generation, coupled with the spectacular failure of early business pioneers, discourage many potential players.
Your key questions answered
* What is the size of the global online grocery market?
* Who are the main players in global online grocery market?
* What are the pitfalls of the online grocery business and the main reasons behind its reluctant growth?
* How can retailers satisfy online grocery shoppers?
* Why did Webvan fail?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
About Online Grocery Grocery stores often offer non-perishable food that is packaged in cans, bottles, and boxes, with some also having fresh produce, butchers, delis, and bakeries. Large grocery stores, ...
Low duties, generally free borders, except on one side, decline in inflation, higher disposable incomes and other factors associated with urbanisation resulted in further growth in retailing in Pakistan. ...
The review period saw grocery retailers in South Africa continue to face challenges, including the adverse economic environment and the competitive state of the retailing market general. This can be attributed ...