Table of Contents
Online content distribution platforms (encompassing app stores, video hosting websites, peer-to-peer networks and more) have become ubiquitous in recent years. They have upended established industries and are changing both the way content is delivered and the nature of the content itself. This case study examines those changes and their potential implications.
Features and benefits
* Explains where online content distribution systems have seen the most rapid growth
* Describes the implications of the growth in online content distribution in terms of how users consume media
* Describes the implications of the growth in online content distribution in terms of how these systems shape the media itself
Online content distribution platforms (OCDPs) are beating back traditional distribution channels. High street stores and the news media have been particularly badly affected.
One significant impact of the growth in OCDPs is that users' ownership rights over the distributed content are undermined.
The growth in OCDPs is also pressuring content creators to produce a certain kind of content: 'safe' content that appeals to a wide customer base, but has little longevity.
Your key questions answered
* In which industries are online content distribution platforms proving most popular?
* How has the growth in online distribution platforms affected the film industry?
* How has the growth in online distribution platforms affected the news media?
* How has the growth in online distribution platforms affected the music industry?
* How has the growth in online distribution platforms affected the video game industry?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
This IDC Vendor Profile is one in a series of IDC studies that examine automated software quality solutions and provides both vendor analysis and customer reference context for technology adoption. This ...
Global Exploration and Production Software Market: Overview The report provides analysis of the Exploration & Production (E&P) Software market for the period 2014–2024, wherein the years from 2016 to ...
WLAN hardware to play a significant role in augmenting the growth prospects in the enterprise WLAN market This study has been done on a global level covering five regions broadly, North America, Europe, ...