Table of Contents
Under Armour has grown to become a $3bn business, generating significant profits in the process. However, the company does face a number of challenges. Its origins as a supplier of performance apparel continue to be seen, as the company exhibits an ongoing overreliance on apparel, a segment that accounts for almost 75% of revenue, while the vast majority of its business is in North America.
Features and benefits
* Learn about Under Armour's origins and how it has become a major player in the performance apparel industry.
* In-depth analysis of Under Armour's recent financial performance compared to its closest rivals
* Explores Under Armour's focus on sport strategy, with particular attention to its endorsement efforts
* Looks at what the future may hold as Under Armour looks to reduce its reliance on performance apparel and on the North American market.
In order to achieve success as a performance apparel brand, Under Armour has focused almost exclusively on the sports industry. As part of this sport-focused strategy, the company has entered the world of mainstream sport by way of endorsement and exclusive outfitter deals covering a wide range of sports. Much of this is focused in North America.
The company has begun to branch out in to sports such as rugby and soccer as it looks to boost its brand appeal on a more global scale. Since its inception in 1996, Under Armour has gradually increased its product range as it looks to reduce its reliance on apparel. This strategy remains a central part of the company’s plans.
Under Armour's story is one of great success. It has undergone rapid growth and has developed its presence across a range of product lines and geographies. There however remains great potential for further expansion as the company looks to reduce its reliance on the North American market and enter new product categories like wearable technology.
Your key questions answered
* What is Under Armour and what does it sell?
* How has Under Armour established itself in the sports market?
* How does Under Armour's financial performance compare to that of Nike and adidas?
* What future growth opportunities might Under Armour look to exploit?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The Japanese apparel and footwear market is expected to contract by a CAGR of 1% to 2021, fuelled by demographic changes and shifts in consumer behaviour. However, opportunities remain and technological ...
H&M Hennes & Mauritz AB (H&M) continued to enjoy strong growth in 2016, driven by its strategy of aggressive store expansion into new markets, and an increasingly potent online offer. 2017 is set to see ...
While a soft macro environment has negatively impacted other brands, American Eagle Outfitters has taken several encouraging steps to improve its results. However, a weak FY2016 fourth quarter announcement, ...