Table of Contents
Big Data has been hailed as a ground-breaking technological development that will revolutionize how businesses operate. Major corporations have therefore been quick to exploit the opportunities available. Understanding how companies have used Big Data and where Big Data might be used next is therefore vital to keeping pace with the strategic advantages being gained in the modern world.
Features and benefits
* A detailed explanation of the predominant framework used to undertake Big Data analytics, from a business intelligence perspective.
* An overview of the key players in the industry.
* A detailed analysis of the uses of Big Data in terms of business intelligence, with real-life industry examples.
* Forward looking analysis of the potential uses of Big Data in terms of business intelligence.
* An overview of the limitations of Big Data and the proposal of a new form of holistic intelligence.
The majority of Big Data providers have centered on software developed by the non-profit Apache Software Foundation, particularly through the Hadoop framework. This framework is explained from a business intelligence perspective.
The key players in the industry include: major technology companies such as Google, IBM, Oracle and Microsoft; services companies such as PwC and Accenture; and rapidly rising upstarts such as Splunk and Cloudera. The Big Data offerings of the key players are compared in this report.
A wide range of industries are using Big Data technologies but the dominant operational feature in recent years has been a restriction to internally-focused data, either from information about the company itself and its processes, or through the interaction of customers with that company. Industry examples are provided in relation to this trend.
Your key questions answered
* What is Big Data, how does it work and why does it matter?
* Who are the key players in the industry and what do they offer?
* How has Big Data been used in the past and how might it be used in the future?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302