Table of Contents
This report examines the strategies being adopted by, the opportunities for, and the risks facing, the ten largest banks in the world. It provides a detailed analysis of the top five's financial performance. It outlines key industry trends including capital adequacy, the rise of China's banks, regulatory action, changing banking technology, and the push for expansion beyond domestic boundaries.
Features and benefits
* Learn which are the ten largest banks in the world.
* Analyzes key banking industry trends and how the largest players are adapting to them.
* Offers a detailed analysis of the top five's recent financial performance and presents the financials of the next five in an easy to interpret format.
* Assesses the risks facing the world's largest banks and looks at what they are doing to manage them.
The banking industry has seen several years of solid growth in terms of total assets. Some geographies are showing a much stronger level of growth than others however. For example the banking industry in Asia-Pacific grew with a CAGR of 11.2% between 2009 and 2013, whereas Europe only recorded a CAGR of 0.7% for the same period.
Chinese banks are experiencing strong growth as the country's economy continues to grow. Of the world's ten largest banks, four are headquartered in China. If a larger sample is taken, the trend remains unchanged: 11 of the 50 largest banks in the world are registered in China. However, rising rates of non-performing loans are a growing concern.
Overseas expansion is a key trend in the global banking industry. In the case of Western European banks, this is an attempt to reduce the risks associated with concentration in mature, slow-growth markets. The increase in non-performing loan rates has convinced China's biggest banks that they cannot rely on the Chinese mainland.
Your key questions answered
* Which are the world's ten largest banks as measured by total assets?
* How are the world's ten largest banks performing financially?
* What are the opportunities and threats facing the world's ten largest banks?
* What expansion strategies are the world's ten largest banks employing?
* What steps are the world's ten largest banks taking to manage risk?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“The hardware security modules market is likely to grow at a CAGR of 12.87% during the forecast period” The hardware security modules market is expected to reach USD 1,101.2 million by 2022, at a CAGR ...
Summary Retail deposits for 2016 are expected to be 6% higher than in 2015. However, market conditions over the next few years are predicted to dampen prospects for future growth. UK retail deposits will ...
Banking as a Marketplace: Opportunities and Threats Summary EU-wide and UK-specific regulations will force banks to open up access to their customer data by January 2018. This will have profound implications ...