Table of Contents
Airlines aim to benefit from rising disposable incomes and a steady increase in passenger volumes, while contending with volatile fuel prices, congestion in hub airports, and low switching costs for passengers. This report outlines the strategic responses of the top 10 global airlines, and how successful these have been.
Features and benefits
* This report analyses the key external factors currently affecting the top 10 global airlines by passenger volume, and their strategic responses.
* The financial performance of the top 10 airlines is summarized and they are compared to each other.
Profitability in the global airline industry is notoriously low.
Passenger volumes are increasing, especially in emerging economies.
Airlines have limited freedom to raise fares because of budget carriers in regional short-haul markets,and Middle Eastern airlines presence in the Europe-Asia long-haul market.
Your key questions answered
* How easy is it for a major airline to be profitable, and how intense is price competition in the industry?
* How are airlines coping with high fuel prices and the need to reduce their environmental impact?
* Why are airline alliances so popular, and what benefits do they confer on their members?
* Which of the top 10 global airlines has posted double-digit net margins for the 2010-2014 period, and how did it achieve this?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
IATA offers you the timeliest reports for airline traffic monitoring, representing the entire industry and all regions. Monthly Statistics cover traffic figures for both passenger and cargo carriers, and ...
“Enhancing passenger experience is one of the most significant factors driving the inflight entertainment (IFE) market” The inflight entertainment (IFE) market is projected to grow from an estimated ...
“The crew management system market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.19% from 2016 to 2022” The crew management system market is projected to grow from an estimated USD 1.31 billion in 2016 to USD ...