Table of Contents
The UK cigar market is sizeable in Western European terms, although the overall market has contracted considerably over the review period and there is no evidence that this trend is coming to a halt. Falling levels of consumption can be attributed to price increases, a poor economic situation and a downturn in consumer spend, alongside a continuing impact from the ban on smoking in public places introduced in 2007.
- The UK cigar market is generally divided into three sectors: miniatures, small cigars, and large cigars. Until 2008 small cigars had remained the largest segment of the UK cigar market, but at this point miniature cigars took over as the largest segment, their convenience, relative pricing and higher distribution profile through the multiple sector being the main factors behind their growing popularity.
- UK production is largely geared towards meeting domestic demand, although some output is for export markets. Overall production of cigars and cigarillos has fallen.
- In volume terms, Netherlands is the outright leading importer of Cigar and Cigarillos. Countries such as Spain, Germany and the US import far less, in volume terms.
“Cigars and Cigarillos in the UK”, is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the UK market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific dynamics of the UK market is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
Cigars and Cigarillos in Sweden, 2017 Summary "Cigars and Cigarillos in Sweden, 2017” is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends ...
Cigars and Cigarillos in Belgium and Luxembourg, 2017 Summary "Cigars and Cigarillos in Belgium and Luxembourg, 2017" is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current ...
This series was created for international firms who rely on foreign markets for a substantial portion of their business or who might be threatened by international competition. The estimates given in this ...