Table of Contents
CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - China
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its latest report, ‚ÄúCountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - China‚ÄĚ. The report is an essential source of information on and analysis of the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape in China. It identifies the key trends in the country‚Äôs healthcare market and provides insights into its demographic, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure.
The population of China in 2014 was approximately 1.37 billion, having grown at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 0.5% from 2008. The country‚Äôs increasingly elderly population and a corresponding increase in the incidence of chronic diseases will help to boost the growth of the pharmaceutical industry, which was estimated to be worth $106.5 billion in 2008 and is projected to reach $1,637.3 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 25.6%. Approximately 95% of China‚Äôs population has healthcare coverage. Improvements in drug safety and quality; a shorter drug registration timeline; the elimination of price caps by the government; a more transparent system for the approval of drugs and medical instruments; and an IPR regime are driving innovation in the pharmaceutical sector. These changes encourage foreign Multinational Companies (MNC) to invest in China. The Chinese medical device market is the second largest in Asia, valued at $27.7 billion in 2014 and projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.6% to an estimated $50.8 billion in 2020.
These growth trends can be primarily attributed to the following causes -
- Sedentary lifestyles leading to a high chronic disease burden.
- The accessibility of healthcare professionals in the remote areas of the county.
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape in China, and includes -
- An overview of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets, comprising market size, segmentation, and key drivers and barriers
- Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical market: GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Harbin Pharmaceutical Group and Tianjin Tasly Pharmaceutical; and profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the medical device market: Siemens Healthcare, GE Healthcare, Philips, Medtronic and F. Hoffman La Roche
- Insightful review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, with analysis covering details of the country‚Äôs healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and the approval processes for new drugs and medical devices
- Detailed analysis of the political and economic environment, covering economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure
- An overview of the opportunities for and challenges to growth in the healthcare market
Reasons to buy
This report will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving China‚Äôs healthcare market
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical market segments, and companies likely to affect China‚Äôs healthcare market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and analyzing the performance of various competitors
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for consolidation, investment, and strategic partnerships
- Identify, understand, and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in China‚Äôs healthcare market
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...
EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022 Summary GlobalData‚Äôs new report, "EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022", provides key market data on the EU5 Computed ...