Table of Contents
This full reverse costing study has been conducted to provide insight on technology data, manufacturing cost and selling price of the Samsung 3D TSV Stacked DRAM PRocess.
- 3D TSV technology is expected to reach $4.8B in revenues by 2019, mainly driven by 3D stacked DRAM and followed by 3D Logic/Memory and Wide I/O according to Yole Développement.
- With 40% share in the DRAM market, Samsung is by far the number 1 player. By introducing 3D TSV stacking in their latest 64GB DDR4, Samsung allows this technology to enter in the main stream.
- This registered dual Inline memory module (RDIMM) includes 36 DDR4 DRAM chips (ref. K4AAG045WD), each of which consists of four 4Gb DDR4 DRAM dies (Ref. K4A4G085WD). The chips are manufactured using Samsung’s 20nm process technology and 3D TSV via-middle package technology.
- As a result, the new 64GB TSV module performs twice as fast as a 64GB module that uses wire bonding packaging, while consuming approximately half the power.
- On the process side, Samsung used a temporary bonding approach using adhesive glue material and copper via-filled using bottom up filling. Also, System Plus paid particular attention in identifying all
technical choices made by Samsung on process and equipment (wafer bonding, DRIE via etching, via filling, bumping, underfill…).
- The report includes a complete physical analysis and cost estimation of the 3D packaging process, as well as a detailed description of the manufacturing process.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
About DRAM There are different versions of DDR DRAM, which have been launched in different phases and are currently used in different technological applications. DDR DRAM is a revised and updated form ...
About MRAM Magnetoresistive random-access memory (MRAM) is a type of memory technology that uses electron spin to store information. This memory type can replace DRAM and SRAM and has the potential to ...
About Phase Change Memory Phase change memory (PCM) stores data by changing the state of matter from which the device is fabricated. It can exist in two states and is a reversible structural phase. PCM ...