Table of Contents
Pyramid Research estimates the telecom services revenue in Oman to reach $1.7bn in 2015. This is however, relatively smaller than the other GCC countries such as Saudi Arabia ($18.2bn), Qatar ($2.3bn) and Kuwait ($2.7bn). The Omani telecom market is quite dynamic relative to GCC countries with the presence of two MNOs (Omantel and Ooredoo Oman) and two MVNOs (FRiENDi and Renna). Over the next five years, Pyramid Research expects Omani telecom services revenue to grow at a CAGR of 6.5%, to reach $2.4bn in 2020. Growth will be driven by operators' focus on 4G expansion, fiber rollouts and the Oman Broadband Company's efforts to improve fixed connectivity.
- Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a 6.5% CAGR from 2015 to 2020 owing to significant growth in the mobile data, fixed VoIP and fixed broadband segments. The fixed/mobile revenue split will continue to be dominated by the mobile segment, but revenue from fixed will grow to contribute to 26.6% of total service revenue in 2020, up from 22.8% in 2015. Government investments in fiber-optic rollouts as part of the National Broadband Strategy will drive this growth.
- The top two operators, Omantel and Ooredoo Oman, which provide fixed and mobile services, will account for 97.8% of overall service revenue in 2015. Both operators will focus on 4G network expansions having acquired additional 4G spectrum in 2015. TeO has also announced its intention to launch as an MVNO and provider of fixed VoIP services, though no confirmed dates have been announced. This could ramp up competition in a marketplace dominated by Omantel and Ooredoo Oman.
- Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities arising from the growth of mobile data and fixed broadband segments by offering multiplay services. Operators also need to develop a range of managed services and cloud offerings to tackle opportunities in the B2B segment. Vendors should position themselves to support operators' 4G network expansion plans by providing consulting services and hardware necessary to upgrade and build new base stations.
“Oman: Additional 4G Spectrum Coupled with Government Investment in Fiber to Drive Telecom Market Growth” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Oman today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Omani telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Oman compared with other countries in the Africa and Middle East region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Oman.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Oman's telecommunications market.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Oman, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Omani mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Oman.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Oman.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Cellular data traffic in Sub-Saharan Africa will be over 9 times higher in 2021 than in 2016 – this growth will be key to mobile operators' future prospects." Mobile network operators in Sub-Saharan ...
"Cellular data traffic in the Middle East and North Africa will be 484% higher in 2021 than in 2016 – mobile operators must monetise this growth." Mobile network operators in the Middle East and North ...