Table of Contents
With over 28 million arrivals visiting Croatia, Bulgaria, Romania, and Slovenia in 2015, the Balkans is fast becoming a leading tourism destination in Europe. With numerous cultural UNESCO sites, picturesque winter and summer locations, alongside cheap and accessible accommodation and travel options available the region has seen year on year growth, with 2015 seeing over 7% growth in arrivals. Such advantages have placed the Balkans in a positive position, with Canadean expecting to see 38 million visitors to arrive by 2020. Among the Balkan countries, Croatia consistently leads as the top destination in the region, but smaller markets such as Slovenia are increasing at a fast rate.
- A major boost for Balkan tourism is European Union (EU) funding for regional projects. Implemented to boost cooperation among former warring states, the EU has identified a number of tourism projects related to cultural and ecotourism.
- Priority areas of funding include a project for promoting tourism in the Lower Danube Region shared by Romania and Bulgaria.
Canadean's report - “Destination Market Insights: Balkans” provides detailed information on the Balkans inbound tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
What else does this report offer?
- Detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes and values covering Balkans's inbound tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as purpose of spending and top source markets.
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in Balkans's inbound tourism sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to Croatia, Bulgaria, Slovenia and Romania's Inbound Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source and destination countries
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Growing demand for real-time optimized guest experience management is expected to drive the growth of the smart hospitality market” The smart hospitality market is expected to grow from USD 5.74 billion ...
Luxury Hotels Provide Travelers And Tourists With High-End Lodging Experience Including Facilities Such As Discreet Check-In & Check-Out, Heated & Fresh Water Swimming Pool (Private Swimming Pools Offered ...
The Global Budget Hotels Market to 2020 Summary Global budget hotel market industry grew in 2015 due to demand for affordable accommodation, with an increase in the middle-class population in Asia-Pacific ...