Summary Spanning milk, yogurt and cheese, the dairy market is diverse and appeals to many consumer niches. Current, and promising, market trends center around reaching new consumption occasions, capitalizing on dairy's inherently high protein content and the threat of dairy-free alternatives.
Key Findings - Only 15% of American consumers snack on yogurt after dinner, opening up opportunities to target the post-dinner daypart with indulgent dessert-inspired flavors to broaden yogurt consumption occasions in the US.
- Yogurt was the top category for food and drink product launches making “high protein” claims in 2015, and opportunities continue to exist for all dairy categories to further capitalize on the protein trend thanks to the food's naturally high protein content.
- The dairy-free trend continues to threaten traditional dairy consumption as consumers avoid such products not only for allergy reasons, but also as a healthy lifestyle choice or to facilitate weight loss.
Synopsis "Top Trends in Dairy" seeks to explore the key trends and future opportunities that are being shaped by the changing consumer behaviors and needs in the dairy space.
- CONSUMER INSIGHT: Data analyzed from Canadean's consumer surveys delivers a clear picture of the global consumer in relation to the dairy categories.
- TRENDS: Understand the key consumer and innovation trends impacting the global market and analyze the key implications across packaging, formulation, and positioning.
- INNOVATION: See the best examples of innovation and recommendations for brands operating in the market.
Reasons To Buy - Identify the key consumer behaviors shaping the dairy space and resulting trends.
- Gain specific insight and implications for each dairy category.
- Analyze key innovation approaches in dairy globally.
Table Of Contents
Top Trends in Dairy; Exploring the milk, yogurt, and cheese categories Table of Contents 1. Introduction 2. Innovation Trends in Dairy Daypart Targeting 9 Snackifiying Dairy Sensory Pleasure Protein Power Alternative Milks Forever Young 3. Conclusions 4. Appendix