Table of Contents
The Australian Cigars and Cigarillos market expanded as the ripples of the cigar boom of the mid-1990s encouraged a growing number of Australians to switch to this product. Cigarillos, in particular, became a popular entry level product with the result that volumes jumped to 82.9 million pieces or 227 tons in 2005. Since then the market has been in decline due to the impact of rising levels of tax on retail prices, growing health awareness, and restrictions on smoking reducing levels of consumption.
- Cigars/cigarillos are not a major feature of Australian society and volumes are in decline, at almost 120 tons in 2015. Tobacco products including chewing tobacco and snuff are believed to have sales of less than one ton per annum
- The long-term future for cigar and cigarillo sales remains disappointing given the recent and expected future pressures on this sector as well as on the wider tobacco market
- Rising prices are set to depress demand in the cigarillo, medium cigar, and large cigar markets, although the large cigar segment is likely to suffer most
- Growth in the number of cigarette smokers switching to cigars is having a major impact on the style of products in demand. Cigarillos and small cigars have been the main beneficiaries on account of their similarity to cigarettes both in terms of size and smoking occasions
“Cigars and Cigarillos in Australia” is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Australian market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers and leading brands, along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Australian market is key to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Cigars and Cigarillos in Sweden, 2017 Summary "Cigars and Cigarillos in Sweden, 2017” is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends ...
Cigars and Cigarillos in Belgium and Luxembourg, 2017 Summary "Cigars and Cigarillos in Belgium and Luxembourg, 2017" is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current ...
This series was created for international firms who rely on foreign markets for a substantial portion of their business or who might be threatened by international competition. The estimates given in this ...