Table of Contents
The market research report titled “Indonesia E-Commerce Market Outlook to 2019 – Driven by Innovative Payment Solutions and Opportunities in the Secondary Cities” provides a comprehensive analysis of the various aspects such as market size of the Indonesia e-commerce Industry, online retail market, online travel market, online advertising market and online entertainment market. The report also covers the market shares of major players in the Indonesia as well as the revenues of major players and portals in the e-commerce space.
Indonesia e-commerce market has showcased a remarkable growth during the span of last five years on the grounds of expansion in product range as well as surge in online market places. In 2014, B2C retail distribution model was one of the largest and has garnered the highest share of ~% in the overall sales revenues. B2C retail in Indonesian archipelago has been capital intensive and margins have been achieved majorly through economies of scale. Online retail is expected to drive consolidation in B2C space in the coming years in the Indonesian e-commerce market due to continuous influx of capital in B2C market by firms such as Lazada, Zalora, Bhinneka, Tokopedia, Blibli and others. Alliances such as Lazada and white label brand are expected to drive growth in the online B2C commerce market in the coming years. The e-commerce industry in the Indonesia has grown at a CAGR of 25.5% from USD ~ billion in 2009 to USD ~ million in 2014.
Indonesia online retail market has witnessed the emergence of a large number of players during the review years. The market has witnessed a rise in the number of new local wholesalers selling products online. Tokopedia, Rakutan, Blibli and Lazada are the major online retail firms in Indonesia apart from Zalora, E-Bay and Amazon. These players offer a variety of products online from that are owned by different brands. These firms not only provide better online payment facilities but also easy to use mobile applications. Online retail market in the country is expected to witness strong competition in the future due to the rise in the number of online small/medium wholesale retail firms in the country. Main competitors in the online retail market in the Indonesia include Amazon, MotihariMall.com, Blanja and Bhinneka, Zalora, Blibli and sold ~ billion in 2014.
Around ~ million women in Indonesia purchase products online. Moreover, it has been noticed that ~% of the purchasing decision in Indonesia is made by women rather than men. The average spending range among women who prefer to shop online was around USD ~ in 2014 and is expected to enhance every year. This is primarily due to the convenience offered by online retail coupled with attractive discounts offered by online retailers. In the year 2014, around ~% of the consumers in Indonesia had preferred cash on delivery services for payment as compared to ~% of those who proffered local payment gateways and ~% who chose online payments through credit cards
Indonesia is expected to increase its internet users to ~ million by 2017. Rise of cheap smartphones and tablets coupled with the presence of innovative payment solutions such as Doku, Indomog, Veritrans and others have been the major contributors to online commerce market of Indonesia. The presence of liberal government legislations has also supplemented the expansion of e-commerce in the country. Messenger groups are one of the most preferred platforms for online shopping in Indonesia e-commerce market. Indonesia E-commerce market has attained a small but significant share in the global online commerce market over the past few years. Since the Industry is at its nascent stage, the revenue generated by the local and global companies is expected to increase, which is likely to bolster the share of sales of online products in the overall market. This is also supported by the fact that more players are entering the market with different business models to tap the major share of customer base. It is expected that the online commerce market revenues will reach USD ~ billion by 2019 and the contribution share of online retail will increase to 45.8% by the year 2019.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The market size of the Indonesia e-commerce, online retail, online travel, digital advertising, online entertainment industry.
- Market segmentation of the e-commerce industry on the basis of distribution model i.e. B2B, B2C and C2C and Industry segments.
- Market segmentation of the online retail market on the basis of types of goods (Clothing/ Apparel and Footwear, Beauty/ Cosmetics Products, Electronic Products, and Furniture, Utensils, bags and others), by type of model used (B2B, B2C and C2C), by type of devices (Mobile, Tablet, Desktop and Others) and by mode of payment (cash on delivery, bank transfer and credit card)
- Market segmentation of the online travel market on the basis of mode of transport (rail, bus, flights and others), by tickets (domestic and international) and by device used for booking (Laptop, desktop, mobile phones and tablet)
- Market segmentation of the online advertising market on the basis of types of advertisements (Search, display, video, mobile), by verticals (retail, finance, telecommunications), by performance model (CPM, CPC, CPA)
- Market segmentation of the online entertainment market on the basis of types of sources (Online gaming, videos, movies, newspaper and social networking)
- Consumer profile in online retail, online travel, online advertising and online entertainment
- Trends and Development in the Indonesia e-commerce industry.
- Competitive landscape of major players of online retail, online travel, online advertising and online entertainment in Indonesia
- Future outlook and projections of the Indonesia e-commerce industry – by purpose of industry
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Analysis of Key Sectors of BIMSTEC Countries with production, consumption, imports and exports, BIMSTEC Countries major sectors, investment in BIMSTEC countries, BIMSTEC Countries investment outlook Description ...
ASEAN was founded in 1967 by Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. Later Brunei, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar were also added to this economically motivated organization. Its prime ...
Four Asian Tigers term was used for free and developed economies of Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan. All the countries maintained their economic growth since 1960’s, fueled by exports and ...