Table of Contents
Medium Voltage Pole Mounted Switchgear Market : Need for Reliable and Secured Grid Infrastructure Drives the Demand for Switchgear
Switchgear forms an integral component of the transmission and distribution grid network. Medium voltage pole mount switchgear is interchangeably used with terms such as reclosers and sectionalizers. This study provides a complete overview of pole mounted switchgear, which consists of primary and secondary switchgear. The market, in which utilities are projected to dominate the application, is segmented on the basis of insulation (air and SF6/gas) and enclosure type (metal clad and metal enclosed). Manufacturers from the Far East are providing tough competition in the industry.
Polemount switchgear is interchangeably used with terms such as reclosers and sectionalizers. This study provides a complete overview of polemount switchgear, which consists of primary and secondary switchgear.
- Polemount switchgear represents % of the total global market sales for switchgear, whereas products such as sectionalizers and reclosers as standalone products represent a smaller fraction of the overall sales at around %.
- Utilities are the largest segment for polemount switchgear. Overhead lines are prevalent in rural areas. Storm hardening is expected to influence the demand for underground distribution systems but will not completely eliminate the need for overhead solutions.
- Sales are impacted by the refurbish business, particularly in North America. The refurbish business is estimated to represent between % and % of the total products sold.
- Municipal and cooperatives are more likely to opt for refurbished units because of cash constraints. A retrofitted unit is estimated to cost % lesser than new equipment.
- Market veterans ABB, Schneider Electric, and Siemens accounted for % of the global market in 2015. There is strong competition in the industry from manufacturers from the Far East such as Xiang. Chinese manufacturers are known to sell at % to % below market value.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“The gas insulated switchgear market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.4% from 2016 to 2021” The gas insulated switchgear market is expected to reach a market size of USD 25.95 billion by 2021, ...
“Top 10 high voltage and medium voltage Products market is expected to reach USD 320.53 billion by 2021” The top 10 high voltage and medium voltage products market is expected to grow from an estimated ...
“The air insulated switchgear market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.68% from 2017 to 2022” The air insulated switchgear market is projected to reach USD 8.41 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR ...