Table of Contents
European Machine-to-Machine Outlook 2015 : Catching the Next Wave of Opportunity
This research service updates the progress in machine-to-machine (M2M) opportunities from the telecom service providers’ perspective. There have been many new developments in the M2M space and the study takes stock of the service providers’ M2M strategies, as the market in Europe slowly progresses towards a broader spectrum of industries. The report includes market drivers, restraints, forecasts, and trends, along with the market shares. It covers the competitive dynamics from the perspective of mobile network operators, with detailed analysis of the vertical demand segment. It also provides the enterprises' objectives from M2M investments, discussing the factors that would eventually lead to the transformation to a Web of Things (WoT).
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What is the volume and value of the European cellular M2M market between 2011 and 2020?
- What are the competitive dynamics from the perspective of mobile network operators (MNOs)?
- Which are the industries that contributed to the historical performance and which are the ones that will drive growth?
- What do enterprise customers want from this industry in the next 2–3 years and what is expected in the next 5?
- Which are the factors that remain to be resolved to push M2M beyond the mass market towards the transformation to IoT and, eventually, a Web of Things (WoT)?
Cellular machine-to-machine (M2M) volumes grew at a compound average growth rate (CAGR) of % between 2010 and 2015 from million to million. In revenue terms, cellular M2M revenue grew at a CAGR of % between 2010 and 2015 from € million to € billion.
- Key industries driving this volume are automotive, particularly embedded automotive, utilities, and security and surveillance.
- As contracts come up for renewal, M2M projects implement additional connectivity services, thus stabilising pricing trends.
- The outlook remains positive, with new enterprise segments in areas such as industrial automation, retail and financial services, and healthcare and consumer sectors. Other emerging industries of interest are the comparatively slow-paced ones of agriculture, gas and water, and natural resources.
- The demand is sizable when enterprise needs are gauged from the revenue size. With million small enterprises in the top Western European countries, there are significant opportunities for Tier-II telcos to chase this segment.
From a demand perspective, there is significant market under-development, where participants are still seeking partners to capture M2M or digital transformation trends. For example, a more fragmented telematics ecosystem could give rise to an innovative telco to seek new partnerships and develop nextgeneration telematics services. The presence of start-up companies in financial services could give rise to many small technology companies that could boost a telco‘s M2M services.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The Global M2M Services market is valued at USD XX.XX billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD XX.XX billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 22.69% during the forecast ...
About M2M Network Security M2M network security solutions include hardware products, software products, and managed security services that are used to detect and prevent unauthorized access, misuse, breakdown ...
About Machine-to-Machine M2M Services A machine-to-machine (M2M) platform is a programmed unit in which M2M applications and services are built on. Owing to the growing adoption of the Internet of Things ...