Table of Contents
“Increasing adoption of green energy and regulatory compliances are expected to drive the smart solar market”
The smart solar market size is estimated to grow from USD 6.47 billion in 2015 to USD 13.26 billion by 2020, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 15.4% due to the increasing adoption of green energy. Strict regulatory mandates across North America, Europe, and APAC and increased technological spending in developing countries such as China, India, and Mexico are also driving the growth of the market.
“Commercial and Industrial application to dominate during the forecast period”
In 2015, C&I dominates the smart solar market, by application, during the forecast period due to greater spending capacity. Due to budgetary constraints, residential consumers are hesitant in investing in smart solar solutions even when the penetration of traditional solar solutions is high in residential market.
“Asia-Pacific to witness highest growth during 2015-2020”
North America is expected to hold the largest market share of the smart solar market in 2015 due to government mandates and conservation in the U.S. and Canada. Asia-Pacific (APAC) is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period as it is witnessing the high rate of adoption of smart solar technologies.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and sub-segments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key industry personnel. The break-up of profile of primary discussion participants is given below.
- By Company Type: Tier-1 (35%), Tier-2 (45%), and Tier-3 (20%) companies
- By Designation: C-level (35 %), Director Level (25 %), and Others (40%)
- By Region: North America (45 %), Europe (20%), Asia-Pacific (APAC) (30%), and Rest of World (5%)
The major trends in the smart solar segment include growing smart cities initiatives. The integration of IoT with solar technology has increased the proliferation of smart solar solutions across various industry sectors such as government, utilities, healthcare, construction, and education.
The various key smart solar vendors profiled in the report are as follows:
1. ABB Group
2. GE Power
3. Itron Inc.
4. Schneider Electric
5. Siemens AG
6. Echelon Corporation
7. Landis+GYR AG
8. Sensus USA Inc.
9. Silver Spring Networks Inc.
10. Urban Green Energy International
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the smart solar market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the sub-segments across different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps the stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help the stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global LNG Industry Outlook to 2021 - Capacity and Capital Expenditure Forecasts with Details of All Operating and Planned Terminals Summary "Global LNG Industry Outlook to 2021 - Capacity and Capital ...
“The generator sales market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2016 to 2021.” The generator sales market is projected to reach USD 24.45 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2016 ...
“The hydrogen generation market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.07%, by value, from 2017 to 2022.” The hydrogen generation market is projected to reach USD 154.74 billion, by value, by 2022, growing ...