Aquaculture in Egypt industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Egypt aquaculture market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The aquaculture industry is defined as production through the farming of aquatic organisms, in both inland waters and marine areas, including: freshwater fish, marine fish, diadromous fish, molluscs, and crustaceans. Farming implies some form of intervention in the rearing process to enhance production, such as regular stocking, feeding, protection from predators, etc. Farming also implies individual or corporate ownership of the stock being cultivated. The market specifically refers to output from aquaculture activities, which are designated for final harvest for consumption. Harvest for ornamental purposes is not included. Production is measured in live weight tonnes (one tonne = 1,000 kilograms) and values are based on producer prices. Any currency conversions included in this report have been calculated using constant 2014 annual average exchange rates.
- The Egyptian aquaculture industry is expected to generate total revenues of $2,081.5m in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.5% between 2011 and 2015.
- Industry consumption volume is expected to increase with a CAGR of 5% between 2011-2015, to reach a total of 1.2 million tonnes in 2015.
- Despite problems in the Egyptian aquaculture industry, including water quality and disease prevention, Egypt has the largest aquaculture industry in Africa with a market value of over $2.1 billion. The industry now provides 65% of the country’s fish needs, with virtually all the output coming from small and medium-scale privately owned farms.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the aquaculture market in Egypt
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the aquaculture market in Egypt
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key aquaculture market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Egypt aquaculture market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
- Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Egypt economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the Egypt aquaculture market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the Egypt aquaculture market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Egypt aquaculture market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Egypt's aquaculture market?
Table Of Contents
Aquaculture in Egypt TABLE OF CONTENTS Executive Summary 2 Market value 2 Market value forecast 2 Market volume 2 Market volume forecast 2 Category segmentation 2 Geography segmentation 2 Market rivalry 2 Market Overview 7 Market definition 7 Market analysis 7 Market Data 9 Market value 9 Market volume 10 Market Segmentation 11 Category segmentation 11 Geography segmentation 12 Market distribution 13 Market Outlook 14 Market value forecast 14 Market volume forecast 15 Five Forces Analysis 16 Summary 16 Buyer power 17 Supplier power 18 New entrants 19 Threat of substitutes 21 Degree of rivalry 22 Leading Companies 23 Wadi Group 23 Macroeconomic Indicators 24 Country Data 24 Methodology 26 Industry associations 27 Related MarketLine research 27 Appendix 28 About MarketLine 28
List of Tables Table 1: Egypt aquaculture industry value: $ million, 2011-15(e) Table 2: Egypt aquaculture industry volume: thousand tonne, 2011-15(e) Table 3: Egypt aquaculture industry category segmentation: $ million, 2015(e) Table 4: Egypt aquaculture industry geography segmentation: $ million, 2015(e) Table 5: Egypt aquaculture industry distribution: % share, by value, 2015(e) Table 6: Egypt aquaculture industry value forecast: $ million, 2015-20 Table 7: Egypt aquaculture industry volume forecast: thousand tonne, 2015-20 Table 8: Wadi Group: key facts Table 9: Egypt size of population (million), 2011-15 Table 10: Egypt gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2011-15 Table 11: Egypt gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2011-15 Table 12: Egypt inflation, 2011-15 Table 13: Egypt consumer price index (absolute), 2011-15 Table 14: Egypt exchange rate, 2011-15
List of Figures Figure 1: Egypt aquaculture industry value: $ million, 2011-15(e) Figure 2: Egypt aquaculture industry volume: thousand tonne, 2011-15(e) Figure 3: Egypt aquaculture industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2015(e) Figure 4: Egypt aquaculture industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2015(e) Figure 5: Egypt aquaculture industry distribution: % share, by value, 2015(e) Figure 6: Egypt aquaculture industry value forecast: $ million, 2015-20 Figure 7: Egypt aquaculture industry volume forecast: thousand tonne, 2015-20 Figure 8: Forces driving competition in the aquaculture industry in Egypt, 2015 Figure 9: Drivers of buyer power in the aquaculture industry in Egypt, 2015 Figure 10: Drivers of supplier power in the aquaculture industry in Egypt, 2015 Figure 11: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the aquaculture industry in Egypt, 2015 Figure 12: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the aquaculture industry in Egypt, 2015 Figure 13: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the aquaculture industry in Egypt, 2015