Table of Contents
Aquaculture in Egypt industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Egypt aquaculture market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The aquaculture industry is defined as production through the farming of aquatic organisms, in both inland waters and marine areas, including: freshwater fish, marine fish, diadromous fish, molluscs, and crustaceans. Farming implies some form of intervention in the rearing process to enhance production, such as regular stocking, feeding, protection from predators, etc. Farming also implies individual or corporate ownership of the stock being cultivated. The market specifically refers to output from aquaculture activities, which are designated for final harvest for consumption. Harvest for ornamental purposes is not included. Production is measured in live weight tonnes (one tonne = 1,000 kilograms) and values are based on producer prices. Any currency conversions included in this report have been calculated using constant 2014 annual average exchange rates.
- The Egyptian aquaculture industry is expected to generate total revenues of $2,081.5m in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.5% between 2011 and 2015.
- Industry consumption volume is expected to increase with a CAGR of 5% between 2011-2015, to reach a total of 1.2 million tonnes in 2015.
- Despite problems in the Egyptian aquaculture industry, including water quality and disease prevention, Egypt has the largest aquaculture industry in Africa with a market value of over $2.1 billion. The industry now provides 65% of the country’s fish needs, with virtually all the output coming from small and medium-scale privately owned farms.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the aquaculture market in Egypt
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the aquaculture market in Egypt
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key aquaculture market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Egypt aquaculture market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
- Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Egypt economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the Egypt aquaculture market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the Egypt aquaculture market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Egypt aquaculture market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Egypt's aquaculture market?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Fresh Fish & Seafood (Counter) (Fish & Seafood) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Fresh Fish & Seafood (Counter) (Fish & Seafood) Market - Outlook ...
Global Frozen Fish & Seafood (Fish & Seafood) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Frozen Fish & Seafood (Fish & Seafood) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market ...
Global Ambient (Canned) Fish & Seafood (Fish & Seafood) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Ambient (Canned) Fish & Seafood (Fish & Seafood) Market - Outlook ...