Table of Contents
Generics in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Europe generics market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- For the purposes of this profile, a generic is defined as a copy of an ethical (prescription) drug formerly protected by patents that have now expired. Both unbranded generics and all branded generics are included. However, off-patent drugs that continue to be offered by the original manufacturer under the original name, and which form part of the 'generic-eligible' market, are not included.
- The European generics market is expected to generate total revenues of $57.4bn in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2% between 2011 and 2015.
- Market consumption volume is forecast to reach a total of 70.7% of total pharma volume in 2015.
- The European market is dominated by markets with high generic uptake, including those in Western Europe, such as the UK and Germany, as well as those in Eastern Europe, such as Russia and Poland. However, markets such as France and Norway provide scope for the generics market to grow.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the generics market in Europe
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the generics market in Europe
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key generics market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe generics market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
- Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Europe economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the Europe generics market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the Europe generics market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe generics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Europe’s generics market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
PharmaPoint: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Lupus Nephritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease ...
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...
PharmaFocus: Tauopathies - Global Market Analysis Summary Tauopathies are a class of more than 20 neurodegenerative diseases characterized by tau protein aggregation in the brain. There are currently no ...