Table of Contents
Life Insurance in North America industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the life insurance market in North America
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the life insurance market in North America
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key life insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the North America life insurance market with five year forecasts
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the North America life insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the North America life insurance market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the North America life insurance market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the North America life insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in North America's life insurance market?
The value of the life insurance market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes from mortality protection and retirement savings plans. All currency conversions have been calculated using constant 2015 annual average exchange rates. The insurance market depends on a variety of economic and non-economic factors and future performance is difficult to predict. The forecast given in this report is not based on a complex economic model, but is intended as a rough guide to the direction in which the market is likely to move.
The North American life insurance market had total gross written premiums of $608.8bn in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.7% between 2011 and 2015.
The pension/ annuity segment was the market's most lucrative in 2015, with total gross written premiums of $427.7bn, equivalent to 70.3% of the market's overall value.
The election of Donald Trump as President of the US on an anti-globalization platform (and promises to build a wall with Mexico) throws agreements such as NAFTA into question. With US companies such as Metlife active in the Mexican market, a souring of relations could hamper growth prospects in this market, particularly for the junior partners of NAFTA (Canada and Mexico).
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Summary The UK’s over-50s population is growing, which means the customer segment is a growing opportunity for insurance providers. Those over 50 are often treated and targeted as one segment, but the ...
Summary Global Life Insurance industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile ...
Life Insurance and Annuity Underwriters (Direct Carriers) Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2023, NAIC 524113 Vital industry-specific data including ...