Table of Contents
Generics in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the generics market in Australia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the generics market in Australia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key generics market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Australia generics market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Australia generics market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the Australia generics market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Australia generics market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Australia generics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Australia's generics market in relation to its regional counterparts?
For the purposes of this profile, a generic is defined as a copy of an ethical (prescription) drug formerly protected by patents that have now expired. Both unbranded generics and all branded generics are included. However, off-patent drugs that continue to be offered by the original manufacturer under the original name, and which form part of the 'generic-eligible' market, are not included.
The Australian generics market is forecast to generate total revenues of $1.2bn in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.5% between 2012 and 2016.
Market consumption volume is forecast to increase with a CAGR of 3.2% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 51.4% of total pharma volume in 2016.
Current pricing policy means that many companies are operating below cost in this market, leading to overall decline in the historic period.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
PharmaPoint: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Lupus Nephritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease ...
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...
PharmaFocus: Tauopathies - Global Market Analysis Summary Tauopathies are a class of more than 20 neurodegenerative diseases characterized by tau protein aggregation in the brain. There are currently no ...