Table of Contents
Generics in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United Kingdom generics market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- For the purposes of this profile, a generic is defined as a copy of an ethical (prescription) drug formerly protected by patents that have now expired. Both unbranded generics and all branded generics are included. However, off-patent drugs that continue to be offered by the original manufacturer under the original name, and which form part of the 'generic-eligible' market, are not included.
- The UK generics market is expected to generate total revenues of $8.2bn in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.4% between 2011 and 2015.
- Market consumption volume is forecast to reach a total of 85.8 % of total pharma volume in 2015.
- The UK healthcare market is reliant on generics to provide cost savings, especially in recent years as healthcare spending has been cut. According to the British Generic Manufacturers Association (BGMA), the average cost to the NHS of a generic medicine is £3.79. Comparatively, the average cost of a branded medicine is £19.73. The reliance on cost-effective generic medicines should see the market continue to grow.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the generics market in the United Kingdom
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the generics market in the United Kingdom
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key generics market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United Kingdom generics market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
- Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the United Kingdom economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the United Kingdom generics market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the United Kingdom generics market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United Kingdom generics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is the United Kingdom’s generics market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
PharmaPoint: Psoriatic Arthritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Psoriatic arthritis (PsA) is a chronic immune-mediated arthritis typically affecting the large joints, especially ...
PharmaPoint: Dyslipidemia - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Sales of dyslipidemia therapeutics is estimated to be approximately $11.2B across the 7MM in 2015, encompassing the ...
PharmaFocus: Tauopathies - Global Market Analysis Summary Tauopathies are a class of more than 20 neurodegenerative diseases characterized by tau protein aggregation in the brain. There are currently no ...