Table of Contents
Generics in Scandinavia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the generics market in Scandinavia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the generics market in Scandinavia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key generics market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Scandinavia generics market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Scandinavia generics market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the Scandinavia generics market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Scandinavia generics market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Scandinavia generics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Scandinavia's generics market in relation to its regional counterparts?
For the purposes of this profile, a generic is defined as a copy of an ethical (prescription) drug formerly protected by patents that have now expired. Both unbranded generics and all branded generics are included. However, off-patent drugs that continue to be offered by the original manufacturer under the original name, and which form part of the 'generic-eligible' market, are not included.
The Scandinavian generics market is expected to generate total revenues of $2.5bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% between 2012 and 2016.
Market consumption volume is forecast to decline with a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -2.8% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 47.8% of total pharma volume in 2016.
Denmark has some of the lowest prices on generics in Europe; they are around 86% lower than Norwegian prices and 12% lower than Swedish prices. Generic drugs represent a saving of DKK1bn compared to Norway and DKK750m compared to Sweden.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
PharmaPoint: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Lupus Nephritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease ...
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...
PharmaFocus: Tauopathies - Global Market Analysis Summary Tauopathies are a class of more than 20 neurodegenerative diseases characterized by tau protein aggregation in the brain. There are currently no ...