Table of Contents
The Netherlands is one of Europe's most important markets for cigars both in terms of sales and production. Sales of cigars and cigarillos are sizeable compared with countries of a similar population, standing at almost 400 million pieces in 2014. Per capita sales illustrate the importance of cigars and cigarillos within the wider tobacco market with a per capita consumption of more than 20 pieces in 2014.
- The market can be split into three broad segments: cigarillos, senoritas, and other cigars. Cigarillos are by far the largest segment, accounting for around 80% of volumes in 2014, their share up on previous years
- In 2009 sales saw a fall due to smoking restrictions, however, the situation was helped in 2012 by purchasing prior to a rise in VAT in October which overcame poor spring weather. Volumes ended the year up by more than 2% at almost 400 million pieces although contracted by slowly high than 1% in 2013 as the impact of pre-tax hike purchases was removed and by another 2% in 2014 to more than 375 million pieces
- Imports are dominated by part-finished cigars entering from Belgium although finished cigars from other European countries and from production facilities further afield such as the Dominican Republic are also of note
- Cigars and cigarillos are subject to two types of tax - excise duty and value added tax (VAT). Ad valorem excise duty is currently set at a uniform 5% of the retail price
“Cigars and Cigarillos in the Netherlands”, is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Dutch market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Dutch marker is key to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Cigars and Cigarillos in Sweden, 2017 Summary "Cigars and Cigarillos in Sweden, 2017” is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends ...
Cigars and Cigarillos in Belgium and Luxembourg, 2017 Summary "Cigars and Cigarillos in Belgium and Luxembourg, 2017" is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current ...
This series was created for international firms who rely on foreign markets for a substantial portion of their business or who might be threatened by international competition. The estimates given in this ...