Table of Contents
The Dutch retail savings and investments market is dominated by deposits, which account for over three quarters of the total market. The Dutch retail savings and investments market has long been plagued by slow growth due to the stagnant economy but is now set to pick up speed - fueled by GDP growth and the continuing recovery of the property market.
- In 2015, 74.1% of the country's total liquid assets were held by affluent individuals. Total affluent assets are expected to continue to grow over the next five years to reach $530bn by 2019. The proportion of wealth held by affluent individuals is expected to remain stable at around 74%.
- The savings and investments market is dominated by deposits, which account for over three quarters of the total retail savings and investments market. Mutual funds are second with a 14% share of the market.
- Mutual funds and equities are expected to perform particularly well going forward, while the low interest rate environment will continue to suppress the retail bond market.
- Dutch HNW individuals hold 11.5% of their investments in alternative, commodity, or property investments. Property investment is the largest investment type outside the traditional asset classes.
- In the Netherlands, 14% of HNW individuals' total portfolios is held offshore, with leading destination Luxembourg absorbing 60% of total HNW offshore bookings. The main drivers for offshore investment are better investment returns and access to a better range of investment options.
Verdict Financial's “Wealth in the Netherlands: Sizing the Market Opportunity” analyzes the Dutch wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
Specifically the report:
- Sizes the affluent market (both by the number of individuals and value of their liquid assets) using our proprietary datasets.
- Analyzes which asset classes are favored by Dutch investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
- Examines HNW clients' attitudes towards non-liquid investments such as property and commodities.
- Identifies key drivers and booking centers for offshore investments.
Reasons To Buy
- Benchmark your share of the Dutch wealth market against the current market size.
- Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2019.
- Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing penetration of affluent individuals in the Netherlands - both at a country and regional level.
- Review your offshore strategy by learning HNW motivations for offshore investments and their preferred booking centers.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
Summary Retail deposits for 2016 are expected to be 6% higher than in 2015. However, market conditions over the next few years are predicted to dampen prospects for future growth. UK retail deposits will ...
2017: Key Trends in Retail Banking Summary Threat posed by the commoditization of banking in terms of pressures on margins and reduced customer loyalty is constantly growing. However, data analytics will ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Blockchain Technology in US$ Thousand. Blockchain Technology Types analyzed for the global market include Hybrid Blockchain, Private Blockchain, and Public ...