Table of Contents
New Zealand has a developed, well diversified, and stable financial system. The market for financial services is concentrated, with a handful of large banks controlling a significant market share. Product ownership rates are average across all products. New Zealand consumers are loyal and generally choose their existing provider for new products. New Zealand consumers are keen digital banking users and show high rates of customer advocacy, particularly consumers who use the branch channel.
- The banking sector in New Zealand is concentrated, with the top three providers accounting for 67% of main current accounts.
- New Zealand consumers tend to choose providers because of an existing relationship.
- New Zealand savers are cautious, with over half saving to protect themselves against unforeseen events and over a third saving for retirement.
- Around a fifth of consumers in New Zealand have a personal loan. The personal loans market is dominated by ANZ, ASB and Kiwi Bank with a combined market share of 51%.
- Over half of the population use smartphones in New Zealand, implying a large potential market for mobile-delivered financial services. New Zealand's banking infrastructure is ranked 3rd out 20 global banking markets.
Verdict Financial's Retail Banking Market Insights: Country Snapshot New Zealand is a review of the retail banking sector in New Zealand, with a particular focus on the current account, savings, mortgage, and personal loan markets. It includes both market-level data and insight from our global consumer survey.
- Overview of New Zealand's banking sector
- Insight into consumers preference in New Zealand and the reasons for taking our use their financial products and how this has evolved in years
- Understanding around main providers dominating the current account, savings, mortgage, and loan markets and different factors persuading customers to choose them
- Examination of at what extent are consumers are using online and mobile channels to research, take out, and use their financial products
Reasons To Buy
- Futureproof your strategy with market sizing, forecasts, and analysis of key developments currently affecting New Zealand's retail banking sector.
- Target consumers with inside knowledge of their true behaviors and attitudes, with detailed analysis from our proprietary insight.
- Learn about the impact new entrants and distribution channels will have on the market.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Summary Poland has an oligopolistic market for banking services, with the two largest providers PKO Bank Polski and mBank controlling over a third of the current account market. PKO Bank Polski also dominates ...
Summary 2016 has been a good year for the market, with gross lending expected to be 12% higher than in 2015. However, market conditions over the next few years are predicted to dampen prospects for future ...
Mortgage Loan Servicing, Check Cashing and Money Transmission Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2023, NAIC 522390 Vital industry-specific data ...