Table of Contents
Opportunity Analyzer: Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma) - Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2024
Systemic sclerosis (SSc) is a complex autoimmune disease that affects the skin and multiple internal organs. Common manifestations of SSc that are included in this report are skin fibrosis, lung fibrosis, and digital vasculopathy (including Raynaud’s phenomenon [RP], and digital ulcers [DUs]). Although the etiology is not completely understood, it is believed to be caused by environmental triggers within genetically susceptible individuals. The clinical presentation of the disease varies between patients and treatment is mostly directed at managing its complications within each internal organ, as there are no systemic or disease-modifying treatments that significantly alter the course of the disease. Most drugs used to treat SSc are off-label and include immunosuppressive agents for skin and lung fibrosis and vasodilatory agents to treat digital vasculopathy. GlobalData expects the launch of three drugs during the 2014 to 2024 forecast period, including two biologic agents for fibrosis (Genentech/Roche’s Actemra and BMS’ Orencia) and Allergan’s Botox to treat digital vasculopathy.
Key Questions Answered
- With three drug launches, two of which are biologics, which products are forecast to generate the highest sales over 2014-2024? How are product launches expected to affect immunosuppressants?
- What do SSc specialists across the 7MM think about the evolving treatment landscape? How will the results from the Scleroderma Lung Study II and update to the 2009 EULAR guidelines affect the management of SSc?
- What corporate strategies have been employed for recent product launches? What opportunities remain for new entrants?
- According to KOLs, what are the most important unmet needs in SSc? Will these needs be addressed by pipeline agents? What needs will remain by the end of the forecast period in 2024?
- How do payers view the unmet needs for SSc and how do reimbursement practices affect drug availability?
- Biologics are expected to account for nearly half of the SSc market in 2024, with Roche/Genentech’s Actemra emerging as a market leader.
- Reimbursement often poses a barrier to patients receiving proper therapy as evidence for use of off-label therapies in SSc is often lacking.
- Unmet needs are expected to remain after the forecast period, as there are no antifibrotic or disease-modifying therapies expected to launch for SSc.
- Several companies have been granted orphan designation and others from the European Medicines Agency (EMA), FDA, and Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW), which all provide incentives for drug development in this area.
- Overview of SSc, including etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, and treatment recommendations.
- Annualized SSc market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2014 and forecast for ten years to 2024.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, and implications for the SSc market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases and emerging trends, specifically Roche/Genentech’s Actemra, Roche/Genentech’s Rituxan, BMS’s Orencia, and Allergan’s Botox.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global SSc market. Insightful review of the key industry and governmental drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and identify companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the SSc market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global SSc market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global SSc market from 2014-2024.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Market, considering the sales of both branded treatments and generic chemotherapy, is expected ...
PharmaPoint: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Lupus Nephritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease ...
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...