Table of Contents
MediPoint: Hernia Repair - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Hernia is a term used to describe the protrusion of an internal organ or tissue through a weak portion of a muscle or connective tissue. The majority of hernias occur in the abdomen, where they are caused by a combination of increased abdominal pressure and a weakness in a particular portion of the abdomen (which is often present at birth). Certain conditions such as obesity and persistent coughing can cause an increase in intra-abdominal pressure and contribute to hernia development.
The advancement of hernia repair has been hallmarked by three significant shifts in surgical treatment. The first was the transition from the “tension” techniques, which involved the use of sutures to tie adjacent tissue layers together, to a “tension-free” technique that incorporated flat sheets of mesh to bridge the defect. The second transition was the overwhelming adoption of large pore meshes in replacement of small pore meshes. Both shifts were prompted by improvements in patient outcomes. The third transition is currently underway as surgeons adopt the laparoscopic technique over the standard open technique.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the procedure volumes for different hernia indications in different countries? How will the volumes change in the next a few years?
- Growth in the hernia repair market lies with an increasing adoption in laparoscopic procedures. What are the current adoption trends in different geographies? How will laparoscopic approach grow in the upcoming years?
- Large pore synthetic mesh has been the mainstream product for years but latest products such as composite and biologic meshes are receiving increasing attention from surgeons. What are the current adoption trends towards different mesh types in different geographies? How will the adoption trends shift in the near future?
- There are various hernia mesh types and different mesh companies have a different strategic product focus. Who are the leading players in the hernia repair market in different countries?
Reasons to buy
- “What Do Physicians Think” quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
Digital transformation helps enterprises improve operational performance, efficiency, and business process. It involves the utilization of digital technologies, such as mobility, analytics, and social ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...
Health Care Pro...