Residential Construction in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. 350
- The residential construction market is defined as the value of work put in place annually for residential buildings. This includes apartments, houses, and similar buildings, but not hotels etc. Market value includes new build and also renovations and repair; it includes construction of buildings and also preparatory work and completion (demolition, site preparation, electrical and plumbing installation, etc). All currency conversions were carried out at constant average annual 2014 exchange rates.
- The Indian residential construction market is expected to generate total value of $33.8bn in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.7% between 2011 and 2015.
- Residential real estate prices and sales have begun to stagnate in some parts of India, as property loses its appeal to investors. This tends to limit demand for residential construction.
- In 2015, the Modi government announced that foreign direct investment was to be permitted up to 100% of residential and non-residential construction projects.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the residential construction market in India
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the residential construction market in India
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key residential construction market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India residential construction market with five year forecasts
- Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the India economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the India residential construction market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the India residential construction market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India residential construction market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is India’s residential construction market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Table Of Contents
Residential Construction in India Executive Summary Market value Market value forecast Geography segmentation Market rivalry Market Overview Market definition Market analysis Market Data Market value Market Segmentation Geography segmentation Market Outlook Market value forecast Five Forces Analysis Summary Buyer power Supplier power New entrants Threat of substitutes Degree of rivalry Leading Companies DLF Limited Oberoi Realty Ltd. Prestige Estates Projects Ltd Sobha Ltd Macroeconomic Indicators Country Data Methodology Industry associations Related MarketLine research Appendix About MarketLine
List of Figures Figure 1: India residential construction sector value: $ million, 2011-15 Figure 2: India residential construction sector geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2015 Figure 3: India residential construction sector value forecast: $ million, 2015-20 Figure 4: Forces driving competition in the residential construction sector in India, 2015 Figure 5: Drivers of buyer power in the residential construction sector in India, 2015 Figure 6: Drivers of supplier power in the residential construction sector in India, 2015 Figure 7: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the residential construction sector in India, 2015 Figure 8: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the residential construction sector in India, 2015 Figure 9: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the residential construction sector in India, 2015 Figure 10: DLF Limited: revenues and profitability Figure 11: DLF Limited: assets and liabilities Figure 12: Oberoi Realty Ltd.: revenues and profitability Figure 13: Oberoi Realty Ltd.: assets and liabilities Figure 14: Prestige Estates Projects Ltd: revenues and profitability Figure 15: Prestige Estates Projects Ltd: assets and liabilities Figure 16: Sobha Ltd: revenues and profitability Figure 17: Sobha Ltd: assets and liabilities