Table of Contents
Mobile Sales Force Automation Solutions Market Insight : Direct Feedback from North American Businesses
With the advent of mobile in-the-field access, sales force automation (SFA) solutions are now automating and accelerating sales processes and selling activities in real time. Mobile SFA-specific responses to the 2015 Frost & Sullivan Mobile Enterprise Applications survey, an annual survey of 300 North American businesses, are explored in this market insight. Specific responses regarding mobile SFA deployments, preferences, and plans are summarized and analyzed. Customer satisfaction levels, specific business impacts, and adoption barriers around mobile SFA are also tabulated and discussed.
The percentage of North American businesses that have deployed mobilized sales force automation (MSFA) solutions remains sizeable, with percent of surveyed businesses now deploying or planning to deploy compared to percent in 2014.
- Canadian businesses are just as willing to ultimately implement MSFA solutions, however, they are proceeding at a slightly slower pace than their U.S. counterparts. This lag in adoption can most likely be attributed to two factors: 1) A stronger small and mid-sized business (SMB) presence in Canada, and ?2) A generally weaker emphasis on marketing mobile business apps by Canadian vendors and resellers.
- Compared to larger companies, SMBs in North America are significantly less likely to implement MSFA apps. While all sizes of companies worry about costs and integration difficulties, smaller businesses are also more likely to be concerned about anticipated worker resistance and a lack of internal resources to manage and maintain the solution.
- Most mobilized SFA user companies are opting for prepackaged offerings (solutions that are at least percent standardized), with fully customized MSFA solutions being preferred by a relatively small portion ( percent) of today’s businesses, Within the prepackaged category, preference for simple, out-of-the-box solutions (no customization or integration) has leaped from percent in 2014 to percent of survey respondents in 2015.
- When customization or integration work is required, the user company typically opts to handle this activity in-house, rather than utilizing a third party.
Mobilized SFA users report a list of hard-dollar benefits including stronger sales, faster sales processes, reduced paperwork and an increase in sales visit rates. Current users believe that these solutions enhance customer engagement and improve their competitive positioning in today’s marketplace.
- In light of these reported benefits, it is no surprise that over one-half of current MSFA user companies report that they plan to expand their deployments during the 2015-2016 time period. This highlights the need for vendors and resellers to maintain a high-touch relationship with their customers even after the initial sale is made.
- While overall satisfaction with MSFA solutions remains strong ( percent satisfied or very satisfied), it has in fact decreased markedly from 2014 levels. The intensified level of dissatisfaction resides within the U.S. small and mid-sized business sector, signaling a need for vendors to reassess their SMB offerings and adjust capabilities, pricing and usability as needed.
- In summary, 2015 business feedback reveals substantial customer interest in a mobilized sales force automation capability, provides a compelling list of benefits to discuss with prospective users, but warns of rising dissatisfaction among smaller firms.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Exploration and Production Software Market: Overview The report provides analysis of the Exploration & Production (E&P) Software market for the period 2014–2024, wherein the years from 2016 to ...
Use this report to: - Gain information about internet of things (IOT) and its impact on the prospects of antennas. - Learn about various concepts and terminologies related to antennas. - Gain an insight ...
Use this report to: - Understand the underlying operating system and the way it shapes the global mobile applications market. - Learn about the various software development kits offered by manufacturers ...