Summary The Italy's Make-Up market is forecast to register growth in value as well as volume terms during 2015-2020. The Nail Make-Up category will have the largest volume share while the Face Make-Up category is projected to witness fastest growth during 2015-2020. The Make-Up market in Italy is witnessing increasing demand for more bespoke products that address particular consumer concerns rather than those targeted at the mass-market. Italian consumers, young and old, will strive to keep their youthful appearance and will increasingly seek Make-Up products with anti-aging properties.
Key Findings - The Make-Up market in Italy will register marginally higher growth both in value and volume terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015.
- The Face Make-Up category accounted for 37.5% share by value in the Italian Make-Up market in 2015.
- The Eye Make-Up category is forecast gain maximum market share during 2015-2020.
- On-The -Go and Added Functionality are the major trends that are driving the Italian Make-Up market.
- Rising environmental concerns among the Italian consumers will drive demand for products manufactured with ethical and Sustainable means in the Italian Make-Up market.
- Health and Beauty Stores is the leading distribution channel in the Italian Make-Up market.
Synopsis Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Make-Up market in Italy provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Eye Make-Up, Face Make-Up, Lip Make-Up, and Nail Make-Up with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health and Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Glass, Rigid Metal, and others; container data for: Bottle, Tube, Tray, and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Make-Up products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Identify target consumers based on recent analysis of category volume consumption by gender, age-group, education and urbanization
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Make-Up products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Table Of Contents
Consumer and Market Insights: Make-Up Market in Italy Table of Contents Introduction - Report Scope
Country Context - Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
Market Overview and Consumer Demographics - Value and volume analysis for the Italian Make-Up market - Historic and forecast consumption in the Italian Make-Up market - Category volume consumption analysis by gender, age, education and urbanization - Degree of trade up/down in the Italian Make-Up market - Volume analysis by category - Historic and forecast value analysis by category - Winners and losers by categories with change in market share - Average category level pricing - Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels - Leading retailers in the Italian Cosmetics and Toiletries market - Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Italian Make-Up market - Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
Packaging - Make-Up market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms) - Make-Up market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms) - Make-Up market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
Brand and Private Label Share - Penetration of private label by categories in the Italian Make-Up market - Private label growth (in value terms) compared to national brands - Market share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
Consumer trend analysis - Canadean's consumer trend framework and explanation of the Sub-trends - For key trends in the Italian Make-Up market - How the trend is influencing consumption in the Italian Make-Up market - How to target the trend in the Italian Make-Up market - How the trend will evolve in the Italian Make-Up market - Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve - Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
Innovation examples - New products launched in the Italy's Make-Up market
Appendix - Country context - Category value and volume data - Consumer Demographics data - Sector Overview - Segment data - Packaging data - Category definitions - Segment definitions - Channel definitions - Explanation of sub-trends - Methodology - About Canadean
List of Tables Table 1: Market value analysis in EUR and US$, 2010-2020 Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020 Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to EUR Table 4: Average prices (EUR and US$) by category, 2015 Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015 Table 6: Leading retailers Table 7: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015) Figure 2: Category volume consumption by age, gender, education and urbanisation,2015 Figure 3: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015 Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by categories, 2015 Figure 5: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020 Figure 6: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020 Figure 7: Leading distribution channels, overall Cosmetics and Toiletries, 2011-2014 Figure 8: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015 Figure 9: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015 Figure 10: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020 Figure 11: Private label penetration by categories, 2015 Figure 12: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015 Figure 13: Brand share analysis by categories, 2015