Table of Contents
With almost every Dutch consumer having access to both a debit card and online payment channels, the market is highly developed in terms of both proximity and remote payments. Dutch consumers are highly comfortable using pay now cards to make purchases and bank transfers to make P2P transfers or online purchases.
- In contrast to the high penetration of debit cards, credit and charge cards are held by relatively few consumers.
- E-commerce accounts for the vast majority of online purchases by value in the Netherlands, although m-commerce is expected to record a compound annual growth rate of 22% between 2015 and 2019.
- The Dutch debit card market is dominated by three big players - ABN Amro, Rabobank, and ING - which are so important to the economy as to be tacitly supported by the government, making it difficult for new entrants to disrupt the market.
Verdict Financial's “Consumer Payments Country Snapshot: Netherlands” examines the Dutch consumer payments market, considering payment cards, online payments, P2P payments, and newer payment technologies such as mobile wallets and contactless. The report also examines the regulations in force that players must comply with, and how these have changed in recent years.Analyzes the major payment card types in terms of both card holding and usage.
- Identifies the major competitors in card issuing and how their position in the market has changed over the last five years.
- Considers consumer attitudes towards prepaid cards, P2P tools, mobile payment tools, and contactless cards, and how companies in the Netherlands are deploying these tools to meet customer needs.
- Explores the online payment market in the Netherlands by merchant type and payment tool, as well as providing a five-year forecast for the development of the market.
- Considers the regulations affecting the payments market and how they are likely to affect both incumbents and disruptors.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the key facts and figures in the consumer payments market in the Netherlands.
- Find out what products the major competitors are launching in the market and plan your strategy accordingly.
- Discover consumer sentiment towards various payment tools in the Dutch market and use this knowledge to inform product design.
- Learn about the key regulatory requirements affecting Dutch payments players and any recent or upcoming changes to those requirements.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Summary Taiwan has a very unique payment card environment compared to most other markets. While the infrastructure is in place, with Visa and Mastercard introducing contactless payment capabilities from ...
Summary Sweden has the potential to become the world's first cashless society. The use of cash is declining quickly in Sweden and over half of all bank branches no longer deal with cash-based transactions. ...
Consumer Payments Country Snapshot: Canada 2016 Summary In spite of being a highly mature market, Canada provides increasing opportunities for digital and mobile payment providers to develop innovation. ...