Table of Contents
The telecommunications market in Mali will generate overall telecom services revenue of $690m in 2015. The telecom services revenue will grow at a CAGR of 6.2% over the 2015-2020 period, driven by growth in mobile voice and particularly mobile data. Mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment (CAGR of 15.9% over the forecast period) reaching $177m by 2020, while fixed broadband will register a CAGR of 9.5%. We expect mobile subscriptions in Mali will grow at a CAGR of 5.6% over 2015-2020. Going forward, operators should leverage opportunities existing in mobile services, while vendors should position themselves for supporting operators' network expansion plans and the potential entry of a new operator and MVNO.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Mali is estimated to decrease by 21.6% in 2015 compared with 2014, owing to a decline in mobile voice revenue over 2015 to reach $690m in 2015.
- From 2015 to 2020, the telecommunications market in Mali will see service revenue grow at a 6.2% CAGR, boosted by the mobile voice and data segments.
- Mobile revenue will account for 91.0% of the total telecom market in 2020. Mobile data will be an important driver of this trend, as it will expand at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2015 to 2020.
- We expect the contribution of Internet access to fixed services revenue will increase from 35.9% in 2015 to 38.0% by year-end 2020.
- The Malian telecom market has been a duopoly since the entry of Orange Mali as the second mobile and fixed-line operator in 2003. We expect the potential entry of a third mobile operator and an MVNO will further intensify the competition in the country's telecom market.
“Mali: Focus on Network Expansion and the Entry of New Players Will Drive Market Growth” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Mali today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Malian telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Mali compared with other countries in the Africa and Middle East region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Mali.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Mali's telecommunications market.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Mali, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Mali mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Mali.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Mali.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Cellular data traffic in Sub-Saharan Africa will be over 9 times higher in 2021 than in 2016 – this growth will be key to mobile operators' future prospects." Mobile network operators in Sub-Saharan ...
"Cellular data traffic in the Middle East and North Africa will be 484% higher in 2021 than in 2016 – mobile operators must monetise this growth." Mobile network operators in the Middle East and North ...