Table of Contents
CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - UK
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, “CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - UK”. The report is an essential source of information and an analysis on the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape of the UK. The report identifies the key trends in the healthcare market and provides insights on the demographic, regulatory, reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure of the UK. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the trends and segmentation of the pharmaceutical and medical devices market. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
In 2014, the UK`s population was approximately 64.2 million. The major factors contributing to the growth in the population are increase in net migration and decrease in death rate. The UK policymakers are now presented with the problems of a Eurozone crisis, a declining population of the working age group and an increasing elderly population. The pharmaceutical market in the UK was estimated at $28.8 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach approximately $43.2 billion by 2020 with a projected Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.4%. The medical devices market size was approximately $14.4 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach approximately $17.9 billion by 2020 with a projected CAGR of 4.5%.
The positive trends in the UK healthcare market can be attributed primarily to -
- Increasing elderly population
- Universal healthcare insurance
- High degree of access to healthcare facilities
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape of the UK. The scope includes -
- Overview of the pharmaceutical and medical devices market of the UK including the market size, market segmentation, key drivers and barriers.
- Profile and SWOT analysis of the major players in the pharmaceutical and medical devices market. The key players covered for the pharmaceutical market are Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis, Roche and Merck. The key players covered for the medical devices market are Essilor International, GlaxoSmithKline, DePuy Companies, Johnson & Johnson and B.Braun.
- Insightful review on the reimbursement and regulatory landscape. Analysis includes details of the healthcare reimbursement process, the regulatory agencies and the approval processes for new drugs and medical devices.
- A detailed analysis of the political and economic environment of the UK including the economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure.
- An overview of the opportunities and challenges for growth that exist in the healthcare market of the UK.
Reasons to buy
The report on the UK comprehensively covers both the pharmaceutical and the medical devices markets of the UK. The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the healthcare market of the UK.
- Drive revenue by understanding the key trends, and reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical and medical devices market segments and companies likely to impact the the UK healthcare market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of the various competitors.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Identify, understand and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in the healthcare market of the UK.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
Digital transformation helps enterprises improve operational performance, efficiency, and business process. It involves the utilization of digital technologies, such as mobility, analytics, and social ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...
Health Care Pro...