Summary There is no tradition in Italy of using smokeless tobacco products, although a mini resurgence in sales has occurred in recent years with volumes nearly doubling between 2006 and 2014.The prospects for the Italian market are for relative stability over the coming decade with the wider popularity of tobacco ensuring that sales will perform better than in many other European nations. Smokeless tobacco volumes are forecast to decline only marginally over 2014-2024, with per capita consumption remaining unchanged over the same period.
Key Findings - Smokeless tobacco is a marginal sector in Italy's tobacco market
- Belgium is the largest importer of smokeless tobacco by volume, while Germany is leading imports by value
- Per capita consumption of smokeless tobacco remained constant over 2004-2015
- By volume, sales of chewing tobacco/wet snuff overtook snuff during2007-2014
Synopsis “Smokeless Tobacco in Italy”, is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Italian market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of manufacturers and leading brands, and company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024
Reasons To Buy - Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favouring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific dynamics of the Italian market is key to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and identify where to compete in the future
Table Of Contents
Smokeless Tobacco in Italy, 2016 Table of Contents Introduction â¢ Executive summary â¢ Definitions
Market size and structure â¢ Consumption of Smokeless Tobacco, 2004-2015 â¢ Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2004-2015 â¢ Smokeless Tobacco: Market Segmentation, Tons, 2004-2015
Production and trade â¢ Imports of Smokeless Tobacco, Tons, 2004-2014 â¢ Imports by Country of Origin, Tons %, 2014 â¢ Smokeless Tobacco : Imports by Country of Origin, Volume, 2007-2014 â¢ Imports by Country of Origin, Value %, 2014 â¢ Smokeless Tobacco : Imports by Country of Origin , Value , 2007-2014
Taxation and retail price â¢ Tax Incidence by Product, July 2015 â¢ Smokeless Tobacco: Retail Prices, August 2015
Manufacturers and brands
The smoking population â¢ Smoking v Smokeless Tobacco Usership Comparison by Gender, %, 2010