Table of Contents
The Danish tobacco market is very different to its Scandinavian counterparts as the smokeless tobacco market is relatively niche compared to its northern neighbors. Due to a ban on portion/loose snus, the most popular smokeless tobacco product, the entire segment fell to only 7 tons of consumption in 2016 compared to 75 tons in 2015, before the ban. However, the illegal consumption of loose snus that is imported from other Scandinavian countries has been meeting local demand for snus since the ban in early 2016. Due to the ban on snus and the marignal portion of other smokeless tobacco products, namely chewing tobacco, the entire segment is forecast to remain small and very niche in the medium-to-long term.
- As of January 2016, the sale of loose snus has been banned, which has badly affected the size of the market.
- 20% of Danes use smokeless tobacco irregularly but only 1% of the population uses it daily.
- The smokeless tobacco market collasped to only 7 tons in 2016 following the loose snus ban.
- The segment is forecast to fall further to only 6.4 tons by 2025, due to changing consumer habits and the continued ban of snus.
Smokeless Tobacco in Denmark is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Danish tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2025.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This study covers the world outlook for looseleaf chewing tobacco, snuff, and all chewing tobacco across more than 190 countries. For each year reported, estimates are given for the latent demand, or potential ...
This study covers the world outlook for chewing tobacco and snuff across more than 190 countries. For each year reported, estimates are given for the latent demand, or potential industry earnings (P.I.E.), ...
This study covers the world outlook for chewing tobacco across more than 190 countries. For each year reported, estimates are given for the latent demand, or potential industry earnings (P.I.E.), for the ...